The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Waxworms! Another artificial source is Berkley's Power Wigglers! Deadly on the pre-spawn and spawning bluegills!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have fished for bluegill with just about every concievable bait, and I always have my best luck with redworms for sunfish in general. A redworm is what landed that 11.5 inch shellcracker on my avatar.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Whatever is available at the time. Usually tiny pieces of nightcrawlers. they bite on anything, so I say it doesn't really matter. Red worms and crickets are not available here in town, os I naver use them to catch bait. Usually trap them anyway.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
i use those white grub worms i dig up in the garden. i think they are junebug larvae. they have really tough skin, will hold for 6-7 fish.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I agree with Tnshooter, night crawlers work best in this region.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have always caught bigger fish on crickets.If I'm catching bait for my trotlines I use nightcrawlers.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Whatever I can dig up or catch at the time. Ain't no bait shops in the area of my camp.:lol:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I use worms to catch my first one, then I use a small peace of the fish I caught to catch the rest.

·
Registered
774 Posts
crickets fall off the hook, after only one or two fish but you can make a wiggler stay on the hook for at least a little bit.... i'm pickin the worms

21 - 40 of 78 Posts