Zucchini are here, try this recipe

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by DLB-in-GR, Jul 18, 2009.

1. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    This is a perfect side dish to some fried catfish, or pork chops. If you have zucchini coming out your ears from your garden, like we always do, give this hash brown recipe a try. I found it a few years back, credit goes to the author, Rhonda L. Carnicelli.

Zucchini Hash Browns

1/4 c. fine bread crumbs
    1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    3 c. coarsely shredded zucchini
    1/2 c. finely diced onions
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    Cooking spray

In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix the contents until they are well blended.

In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, onion and garlic with the bread crumb mixture. Mix until everything is well blended.

Spray an electric griddle with cooking spray. Heat to 380 degrees. Form three patties with the zucchini mixture and cook 10-15 minutes -- turning once -- until crispy on the outside. In addition to being fantastic with spicy catfish, these fritter-like patties are also a nice addition to grilled pork chops.

Yields: 3 servings
    Preparation Time: 20 minutes

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks Doug, sounds great. I have zuchinni running out my ears from the gardens. I'll have to try that recipe real soon. Tonight, I am stuffing big zuch's with my home-made meatloaf....with a salad on the side....and maybe some oven roasted cheese stuffed Jalapeno's.:wink:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds great,I just sliced and vac packed 6 quarts this morning. We are getting ave 12 a day from 6 hills

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll have to give this a try Doug. I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy it.:big_smile: