zippo hand warmer flameless

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by scooter079, Dec 15, 2008.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hass anyone out there used the zippo hand warmer i have thought about getting one for hunting but i was just curious what kinda smell it puts off smells are obviously bad for hunting but it looks like a great peice of gear for extreme cold and zippos sight said there is verry little smell any feedback would help here is the web sight

http://www.zippo.com/Products/handWarmer.aspx

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Scott,i didnt know zippo made a hand warmer. I had a Jone_ hand warmer in my younger days ,It worked great for about 8-10 hrs.And there was no smell.

3. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've been thinking about looking for a gas one. The fluid ones are bound to have a smell. and not just when burning....Anymore I'd rather smell like lighter fluid that freeze my fingers off. I'll hint around for x-mas......lol

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Use the Hot Hands. Can be found about anywhere. No fuel just the air starts them heating. Pack of 6 at allly World for $1.97. Will last 10 hrs, with no problem.

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey thanks J. C. i have not heard of hot hands. I am going to pick some up to leave in my truck and put a couple in my pack. You never know when they may come in handy, and affordable. Thanks!

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i have used them , didnt really notice any smell from the fluid and they do work good saved my hands a few times

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks J.C. I picked up the hot hands, had to go to w-mart anyway. Now i have them. They will have good bargaining power fishing on a boat on overnighters. Who knows what i can trade for when it is freezing1

8. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I just wanted you to know they make a battery operated set of hand warmers, maybe you want to give them a try. Check out BASS PRO SHOPS