Zip, Zero, Nothing, Big O Goose Egg

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Love Them Cats, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    That pretty well describes our fishing trip Sunday, mine anyway.

We started out at our usual spot, Bernice.
    We were there a couple hours and my daughter caught a few perch, me, nothing.

The kids got bored and we decided to try a spot we found Saturday.
    We had been there about five minutes and my daughter all ready had a small cat on before I even got my lines in the water.
    I thought this might be a good spot to catch a few.
    My daughter was busy catching perch, then she caught a nice bass.
    Me, I was just setting there watch her catch everything.

A couple hours later we decided to head back to Bernice.
    When we arrived, Kevin (ZoeLife) was there and we talked and fished a little.
    My daughter started catching a few perch and her boyfriend started catching a few small cats, me, nothing.

We were there until 10:30 pm, or somewhere around there.
    My daughter and her boyfriend caught a few, but nothing worth keeping, Kevin caught one nice cat and a few bass, and me, nothing.

I don't know if I wasn't holding my tongue right or what but I didn't catch anything all day, I couldn't even catch bait?:big_smile:

We are going to try again in a couple days and see what happens?

Ken

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Better luck next time brother, fishing has been slow, I kinda have gotten used to it. LMAO

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Well, you know how it goes - some days it's fishin' & some days it's catchin' :lol:

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    some guys have all the luck and some guys have all the fun sound like to me you had fun i think its great your takeing your little one out fishing they will always hold that memory close to them

5. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Ken,

I certainly understand your frustration. I have not done much good at all for the past two years (since I got back into catfishing, after a 20 year absence or so). In fact, I only caught 2 cats last year and only 1 so far this year.

I had been doing great with wild trout up in the remote mountain streams near me for years and years. Could normally catch and release between 20 and 40 in a 6 to 8 hour trip anytime I went. But, I knew the stream really well and just how to fish it and what fly to cast under different water conditions etc..

But, it really appears that I have lost my touch on catching cats like I used to, 20 some odd years ago. But, then again, I don't, as yet, know the lake I am fishing that well. And, just got a boat this year. Thus, I am still learning and exploring.

Anyway, I guess it can be some what typical of going thru a dry spell, of catching few or no fish.

Hope you catch a bunch soon.

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sorry to hear that! Maybe better luck next time.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sounds like you caught some quality time with your daughter. Perhaps the fish were not in the cards, but I bet the two of you will never forget the time you spent.

With boyfriends, school, clubs, and friends its hard to just get a few moments to talk and relax with kids, you were lucky enough to catch a whole day.

I would rather have a wall filled with pictures of my family and the times we shared that will out last me, than me, with some fish that only I will remember and then becomes that photo of a relative with a big fish.

Thats a trohy that hangs in your heart. Congrats