Zero for four!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Apr 1, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Guys im not sure whats going on,is the water still a little to cool yet?Ive tried everything,ive been out 4 times and have caught 0.Does danny kings work in cool water or do you need to wait untill its warm like with other dip and dough baits?I hate it when im in a funk.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    still to cool water temps for great action, give it a week or two. With these cool water temps you might want to try some cut bait.

3. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    heak i have to catch something before i can use it for cut bait lol.

4. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    exact same position i'm in..lol i too am 0-4 and need to catch something to cut up

5. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    I know what you mean i cant even get the bluegills to hit on worms,whats up with that?I couldnt catch a cold at this point.

6. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I'm with you, been bank fishing 4 times with no results to speak of. My wife cought a couple of little ones but no keepers as of yet. The boat schould be ready next week so will get out in it. I have been told the fish are biteing here in Louisiana but so far not for me

7. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I would suggest using some type of live bait or some shad sides. During the summer months I like to use goldfish they seem to be pretty hardy.

chris

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I caught one last sunday and have been skunked the last four trips. We had lots of cold rain and I think it messed things up a bit. Be patient and they will return.

9. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Brinley45cal,
    I think water temps are the main culprit. Were wrestling with the same situation up here in MN. River temps are barely breaking 45F
    Keep us posted when you start lighting them up. should be really soon.
    thanks
    Larry

10. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Water temps here are in the upper 50's to low 60's. Cat fishing has been VERY slow. 1 small channel in the last 4 trips. We have thrown every thing but the kitchen sink at them.

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Well, I've learned something today! I didn't know that DK didn't work in cold water. I'm 0-6 since November on cats, but caught 1 white perch on a jig a couple of weeks ago. Should'a used that for bait. But I"m going out this week so let's see what happens! Guess I"ll leave the DK home until the water warms up some more.

12. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah im thinking its the water temp to.Ill let you know when i start slinging them in,which i hope it will be soon.

13. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    If you have access to a boat find with a fish finder. Find some deep water and where schools of shad are suspended drop your bait right under the school. I have mainly caught Blues during the winter months.

chris