Zebco Rhino RSC3 spincaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Bill in SC, May 16, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    While waiting on my new Abu Garcia 1076 to arrive, I decided to buy another spincaster so I will have two. I can keep one rigged with a cork for catching bream on the river, and keep a spinner or some other artificial bait on the other. Anyhow, man this Zebco Rhino is one SMOOTH reeling machine. It is actually smoother than any of my Abu Garcia baitcasters. It's SO smooth, it's going to take some getting used to. It cast like a dream too. It "appears" very well made. Now, if only it is DURABLE and LASTS a while, I will be reel happy. (pun intended) Will update this post after a week or two of use.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Bill its what my wife uses that along with the zebco omega, they are all well made reels for the money. You can get the rhinos on ebay (new) for a good price.

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I had a rhino baitcaster for about two months when it went to crap one fishing day. It worked good before that though. Again, it was a baitcaster, not a spincaster. I have a zebco 808 that's been running well for three years now, so you might have something good going there.

4. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    had one them worked good held up to my abuse had it on a rhino indistrictible rod when a EX friend deceided he needed it more then me

make sure you keep eye on the handle screw, i lost mine and zebco sent me another one within 2 days!! great customer service

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks folks. I caught about 15 bream on it yesterday afternoon. It seems OK. I'll tell more in a week or two.
    BB in SC

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    These are really good reals and our the reel of choice for my wife. I used to fish exclusively with the RSC5, but they stopped making them:angry:. I still have 4 of these reels and they are going on 5 years of age. Only 1 has given me any trouble.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats I hope you catch a monster on it.