zebco hawg seeker

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by steinomyte, May 23, 2008.

1. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I just got a Hawg seeker do you think I should use it on the grand river?

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes sir'. Put a big ol' piece of cutbait on it and sit and wait. I'm sure that big boy will handle a monster!
    :wink:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    MY BUDDIE COUGHT A 41.8 BLUE ON MARCH THE 4TH ON THE APALACHEE RIVER. IT TOOK ABOUT 10 MIN ARS SO TO LAND IT. I ALSO THINK THAT THE ROD THAT IT COMES WITH MIGHT BE A RHINO ROD? BEING ZEBCO HAS REDONE THERE REELS THEY SEEM TO BE STRONG NOW ( GOOD LUCK FISHING )

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First things first WELCOME to the BOC/SOC. Your gonna get spoiled.

Which one did you get? Spinning reel or closed faced reel. I have the spinning reel and like it pretty well.Just haven't figured out the alarm as of yet.You should be able to use it just about anywhere you want. Just go catch a biggin and let us know how it did.

5. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I got the spinning reel. I want to use in Michigan went i get out of the Marines.

6. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    First of all i'de just like to say thank you for serving our country. My little bro has been over in iraq for 11.5 months and he is also a MARINE. I'de give that new reel of yours a try in the grand river. I'm originally from lansing but i have'nt fished that river in a long, long time. Good luck to you brother and god bless!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Noah Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Yes take that new equipment out and catch a new PB.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

8. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I use to fish behind the fair grounds in Ionia, but my father-in-law has new place they found last summer. Hopefully this summer I can try it out. They said there are some big kitties in that spot.

9. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Welcome, Noah. I was planning to get one of these combos for fishing at Sessions Lake, in the Ionia State Rec Area. There is some great catting there if you like eater channels, although I once got one that was 31" several years back so you need to be prepared. I don't often fish the rivers. Good fishing to you.

10. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    for the audiable alarm to work it almost has to have the rod tip pointed as directly as possible to the bait in the water... if using in a rod holder on the bank the alarms dont work very good

they seem to be real strong rod/reel combos, not caught fish yet but as many times i hung up on logs, trees whatever the line is real super tough!!!! sounds like a gun goin off when it finally snaps!!

enjoy them let me know how u do with them!!

11. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I'm more in to fishing flatheads but thanks for the info.

12. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I have 3 spinning combos hawg seekers, used them recently, actually put an 8 inch grass snake on a 6/0 circle, caught a 6 lb lg mouth bass. it was cool to catch a fish on a grass snake,lol, never done that before. had th alarm set on th 3 notch from th most sensitive spot, and it let me know just in time. worked like a charm. 2 thumbs up. best of luck to you, dont know th area you r fishin, but I say use it.

13. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    thanks I cant wait to try mine out. I was suppose to go to the colorado river this weekend but gas pricesput an end to that.

14. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    whats largest fish you caught with your hawg seeker?

15. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    YEAH USE IT!!:big_smile: IT WILL HANDLE WHAT YOU ARE FISHING FOR. ALSO WELCOME TO THE BOC!! I NOTICED YOU HAVE A BIG GOOSE EGG ON REP SO HERE IS YOUR FIRST REP I GAVE YOU CUDOS!!! CHECK OUT OUR LIBARY IT HAS A LOT OF GREAT INFO IN IT AND THE GUYS ON HERE ARE VERY GOOD ABOUT HELPING YOU OUT IF YOU NEED THE HELP!! GOOD LUCK FISHIN'!!!

16. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks. I'm competive person when it comes to fishing with my father-in-law. They said they had couple big ones get way from their new spot last summer. So I want to be one that brings those ones in.