Zebco Hawg Seeker- "Spinning" ??

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by wabah58, Jul 28, 2009.

1. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've got one, so far so good. Haven't really put it on a biggun though. Around here it's hard to find them with the long pole though.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I bought my son one about a year ago , As far as the rod goes it's a nice looking rod made of E-Glass and the reel work's great ..You just need to set the bite alarm to macth the weight your using he has had zero problem's with this set up and he has caught quite a few channel's and striper's on it. Oh by the way it's not meant to sling heavy weight's if your going to fish slow moving water or lake's- resivior's it's a good choice for the price you'll spend.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009

3. OkieOFT

OkieOFT New Member

State:
    Wister, Oklahoma
    I just got back from Wal-Mart returning mine. The reel handle broke right off trying to break my 30# leader due to snagged hook. Thats plastic for ya.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I bought 3 last year and used 1 of them once . I dont like the reels . They are wasting away in the garage . Probably will throw them in a yard sale or take to flea market .

5. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I bought one last year for channels but after breakin one of my flattie rods I spooled it up with 80 pound spiderwire and landed my biggeset flattie last year 41 pounds. it'll get the job done without a question.

6. OkieOFT

OkieOFT New Member

State:
    Wister, Oklahoma
    Yeah, it'll get the job done...If it doesn't break in the process.

7. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Looks to hoakie for me. I saw these at Walmart the other day and darn near fell out laughing.:smile2: You could get a Sponge Bob bobber and you would be set:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

John

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I have one, and personally I really do like it. The bait alert I believe was just a gimmick to get you to buy it, but this rod/reel is a BEAST!

I got hung up last yar fishing Raccoon Lake, granted the line is what you would expect to break when snagged, I have to say what happened next was impressive... I pulled straight back on it, instead of the line breaking, the snag started moving! I ended up bringing to bank from across the spillway an entire section of a tree about 5 foot long, this thing was bigger than the diameter of a softball, and weighed quite a bit, water logged, and heavy!

I havent had a single section of problem with it, and the setup will cast a country mile. I usually have a 1 - 2 ounce egg or no roll sinker on it, and use a leader abou 12 inches long, I can put bait anywhere anytime with this setup.

I have caught just 1 flathead on it, 12.5 pounds. I have caught 2 channels on it, nothing to brag about!

9. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    I bought two earlier this year. Had them out a bunch and been good so far. For the price its a not a bad set up. No doubt I will break them sooner or later.

10. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Thanks for the advice good and bad thinking about buying the glow stick or the zebco. Which would be the better buy?

11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hawg seeker. :smile2::wink:

12. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Get a Boss Hawg with an 808 or buy an Ugly Stick and put an 888 on it, at least it won't look as rediculous. Both should be MH rods.
    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN FISHIN' !!!:cool2:

13. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    if you are serious about fishing try the quantum big cat pro series rod they cost about fifty bucks you can have any bait and tackle get one for you rod has lots of backbone and a sensitive tip. The glow rod you will break the tip off seen it at wal-mart and any way Teem Catfish sells[ glow wrapz ] at www.ttiblakemore.com work awesome The zebco with bait alert the reels will break my little girl HAD one eight pound blue took the handle right off buy the best you can afford avoid the gimmicks hope this helps

14. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    love the rods-hate the reels.

15. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    if you're lookin for a really really good rod that won't break your pockets try the shakespeare sturdy sticks. I have 2 and love em! you can usually find em for like 20 bucks they have a great action and plenty of backbone to fight bigger fish.