zebco hawg seeker size 80 reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jasonminitruck, Nov 20, 2009.

1. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I found on the zebco website a hawgseeker reel that is a size 80 instead of the size 60 you see at walmart or bass pro, and i would like to get some of them, but I cant find where they are sold.:angry: Does anyone know where i could find them?

2. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I didn't know they made a bigger one. I was looking around and found a couple of reviews on the 80, which is the larger spinning reel. I guess you can buy it as a reel or a combo with the rod.

I have 2 spincast hawg-seekers myself, one I use regularly and one that saw very little use, just an extra for a friend to use. I bought them 2 summers ago. The one I use regularly is still going strong, the batteries in the bite alarm are working fine. The one I didn't use, that sat in my house all of that time, well it needs new batteries already. Go figure, I would have thought it'd be the other way around.

Be aware of that when looking at them, I have seen them at my local store for 2 years on the shelf too. You might need to buy batteries along with the reel. They don't look very difficult to replace according to the owners manual, just a standard watch size, size 2032 x 2.

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    My wife bought me one of those(60). I looked it over and noticed one of the screws that held on the crank was loose. I tried to tighten it but it was stripped. We took it back to exchange it and when I got another one off the rack I noticed the same screw was loose. So I picked up another one and the screw was missing. They we all a piece of crap. Don't buy them unless to can inspect it first.

4. REDLEG_5

REDLEG_5 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have the spincast too and I cant tear it up!! My son cant even tear it up and all he does is tear shit up and catch fish!!

5. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i got a couple of them off ebay and will give you a reviewbon them when i get them in and try them out.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I bought my son a 80 series with pole at basspro shop and it's been a catfishing and striper catching machine:smile2:That pole for some reason get's the first bite and stay's that way till we leave, And he has never had one problem with pole or reel!!