zebco hawg seeker combo

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by eric2006, Sep 24, 2008.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Does anyone have this combo or opinions on the reel itself?
    I was at wal-mart and was curious about how this combo was for 40 bucks..

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Eric welcome to the BOC Yes i bought my my son one for christmas it work's great ,There are a few BOC member's that have posted they own this combo and have caught 40-60# pound cat's on it with no problem ...as far as the reel itself goes the bite alarm work's GREAT you just have to know how to set it up. Oh by the way bass pro shop has them on sale right now for $ 29:99

3. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    I think they are pretty cool. However, a freind of mine went through three of them. Two spincast and one spinning. He was not pleased at all. He got them at Wal-Mart and my conclusion is that those reels could have been played with, rough handled by other customers before he got his. Still, he took it back three times before getting his money back. I am not a zebco hater at all, but if I was to buy one. I may buy the reel in a sealed package. The rod that comes with it is a decent e-glass rod. If you buy one I hope you have much better luck than what he had with them.

4. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I got each one of my cousins one of the closed spinning ones for Christmas last year at BPS. They haven't hooked into anything massive yet, but from what we have brought in, I have been pretty impressed. I especially like the padded "M16 style" triangular foregrip/fighting grip on it. Very comfy! :smile2:

5. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I have one of these combos, I have enjoyed using it. I am waiting for the moment to hook into something LARGE on it. The biggest thing I have caught on it so far was a 12.25 pound Flathead, and it handled it with ease.

I have yet to see the bait alert to go off from a fish, but I havent been trying it recently. I just set the pole up in a pole holder and watch for the "action" to begin.

I will keep you posted after my fishing trip to Cataract/Cagles Mill this weekend.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the great reports guys, I am sure that many members will find this useful

7. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thanks guys for the help. I think i may try this combo out

8. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have the spinning one, as far as the rod and reel go, great rod, love it, but the line however, i don't like it, because i found it to tangle easy and is too thick and a little hard to cast with the bulky line it comes with, if i were you and got that rod, if i could, replace the line with some 80 lb. power pro or sufix braid, good luck