ZEBCO 808SW

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slt, Oct 7, 2009.

1. slt

slt New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just ordered 2 from Catfish Connection. Did I screw up.

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i loved mine and fished the hell out of them for about 6 months now they are wore out..great while they last..caught several big carp and drum on them and a few 6-8 lb cats..no monsters..held up fine..do not put braid on them!!

3. slt

slt New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thought I would respool with 20# Trilene Big Cat Line (solar Green) because
    I like to see where line enters water like I can with braid. I hate Zebco factory line!

4. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    While fishing at the dam I saw one break where the reel attaches to the rod. The guy was throwing a striper jig and I guess he hooked a big striper. The fish broke his reel and then got off. Fish 1, fisherman 0.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stephen Welcome to the BOC. I have a friend that uses those reels with success. I hope they will serve you well. I like the Big Game Solar line also.:0a22::0a22::0a25:

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have a couple my wife and kids use they seem to work fine even with braid , and what is the problem with braid on them?

7. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I'd be interested to know this as well, as I've heard both.

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

i put braid on mine and it wouldnt cast or reel properly and cut through the "pin" that keeps the line taught ..50 lb power pro...put 30 lb mono on my other one and it worked fine..maybe a fluke...ahd the smae thing happen on some closed faced shakespeares as well

9. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    I like mine. Have used them few years now. No problems but then again I have not caught anything larger than a 5lber on it.

10. slt

slt New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thank you every one for replying with good information. My wife and I like to
    keep fishing simple and fun. We hope these zebco's will do the trick. We also have 6600 BC and 6600 C5 MAG-X reels on Cabalas and Shakespeare rods we use when boat fishing.