Zebco 808 Questions

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by steveg442, Apr 22, 2007.

1. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have two questions on a Zebco 808.

First: I have an older 808 that I decided to clean up. I took the covers off to clean in the sink. When I reassembled it the anti-reverse stopped working. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Second: I have a newer 808 with the star drag on the side. The drag keeps wanting to lock-up or spin free. It does hold the drag setting very well. How do you keep this from happening? I know some one gave me a great suggestion on this but I can't find the thread. I believe it was to put a small rubber washer on then put the star drag wheel back on the reel.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    First: Always lay a rag over the drain in a sink so that little parts can not go down the drain.It sounds as if you do not have the series of parts engaging.Could be something missing or not engaging.Take the cover off and look while you operate it. Second:One or two little "O"rings that will just fit behind the"Star Knob"will fix you right up.Center hole "ID."size is what matters."OD"or outside does not.The thiner ones sometimes take 2.Most Auto parts,hydraulic or industrial supply places carries them.Don;t stock up,as most will dry rot and have to be replaced on or off the reel.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee