Zebco 733?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CJ21, Feb 25, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I wonder is these a good reel for a beginner catfisherman, I am looking to get my mom started in catfishing I am just wondering will these hold up?

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    These are excellent reels, I've had mine for 2 years and I think they're wonderful!:smile2:

3. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Zebco 733 Hawg is a great spincast reel. It holds 90yds. of 20# line, smooth drag and well built. Great for cats in the 5-15 lbs. range, and I'm sure you could land bigger cats just fine. But,if you are excpeting bigger fish in the 20 lbs + range I'd go with the Zebco 808 Magnum or ProStaff 888; they both are the same size and hold 125 yds of 25# line, the 888 is a better reel with 3 ball bearings and slectable instant anti-rev. Anyways the 733 is still a great , well built reel, I use it at farm ponds and smaller lakes, I have caught many 10-15lbs fish on it, even a 10 lbs. Northern Pike. Just remeber to set your drag correctly and use the rod to bring in the fish not the reel ( don't try to "winch" him in) and you'll be fine. Good Luck :smile2: