yuma fishing

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by lilmonster23, Feb 9, 2009.

1. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I was wondering if anyone can give me directions to the good flathead spots in the canals by yuma?:roll_eyes: Can you catch some good size flatties or channels with waterdogs down there?

Attached Files:

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    you've got waterdogs? we'd give darn near anything for some. gila main has some good cats in them.
    right now, cold weather has them kinda lockjawed for most of us.
    gary

3. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks tofish for that info. if you have more tips ill be glad to listen well i mean read.:smile2: when you say main channels in the gila is that river bed or canal? thanks and when i come down ill bring you some dogs.

Attached Files:

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    talking about canal as that is what you asked about. where are you coming from? i've heard flagstaff has dogs, but haven't heard of any others.
    i'll try and send you a PM if you can get them yet and give another info. BOC doesn't like us to put another site on here though.
    gary

5. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey gary thanks for all that.i live in glendale and im trying to plan a trip in late march. i found a bait shop in phoenix that has minnows and dogs. its located on 35th ave just south of thunderbird if your ever in town. but ill keep in touch with you cause i promised you some dogs when i come down. i have another ?. are you familiar with mittry lake? ive seen signs that says its the best fishing in az. but thanks gary and im looking forward to hearing from you soon. ralphy

6. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    When you get ready to go to Yuma, Ill give you the directions to two different spots that Ive caught many large flathead but I would wait another month or so. April is usually good.

7. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Gary,
    Email me for more info on your local site!
    lilmonster23 at msn
    thank you,
    Ralph

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i can't e-mail who i can't see e-mail address to. hmm? try mine.
    gary

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    know what , never seen anyone here not good so here goes. tofishing@hotmail.com.
    now send me yours ralph

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I tooled around on Mittry a few weeks ago prior to leaving for Florida. That was about 5 weeks ago. The water was really shallow...my fish finder was marking an average of 10ft with the deepest spot at 15-16ft. Some spots whent from 8ft to 3ft really quickly so be careful...

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    gonna email you in a few ralph. as for mittry, i know it pretty well. been fishing it since 78. met the man that dredge the lake when they formed it up. he showed me where the deep holes are at and how to find them now that they are all filled up with dead growth. dameon is right on the showing depth. 8-10 ft is average. there is a shallow part of the lake but i draw too much water in my boat to mess around in it.
    also agree on a few more months before catfishing will pick up around here.
    gary