Yuma Doves????

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by ike whitson, Jul 26, 2006.

1. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Hey, you guy's down Yuma way, Is the the dove hunting still as good as it use to be. I'm thinking of putting together a hunt for the opening and could use soom info., on where you can hunt public or private.The areas around Phoenix are pretty much gone not to mention the moonsoon's running all the bird's south. Any Info would be greatly appreciated!:0a35: :cross:

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hey Ike, I have never hunted dove before but I can tell you it's gotta be good. This town is a mad house during the season! i live out in the foot hills and I cant go fishing in most places along the canals because those areas are always hot for the hunters. Also the groves seem to be pretty good.

3. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    dont hunt down that way, but if you need info on the el centro area, i can hook you up.

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Ike never hunted down there but over in blythe theres thousands of them with more then 50% white wings with some ringneck also. ya never can tell about the weather down there the moonsoons will send them off to mexico down there also, last year had them all scouted out a few days before the hunt with thousand of bird in the normal spot, day before the hunt a maga storm came in and blew all out, end up with 3 birds:embarassed: , the best thing to do is get there the day before and scout them out, it should be no problem to find fields to hunt, in blythe there's not many feilds closed just got to get out and look, dont know about down ther but in blythe at the yellow mart they got maps of where the wheat feilds are and dfg planted feilds are, think there may be a yellow mart downthere or find a sporting good store down there and go in to get the info you need

good luck on the hunt dude almost here

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    The hunting around yuma is some of the best there is if the monsoons don't scatter them. The town is crazy then with hotels booked a year in advance. if you do come down here, I would highly recommend you get a new city boundary map as the line has changed lately as a result of annexation and areas that were legal to hunt in years past are not anymore. Many guys found out the hard way last year. The local place to go and find out the skinny is Sprauges sports. He can hook you up for sure. Best of luck.
    :cool2:

6. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Thank's for the help on where to go, and, I know these monsoon's have allway's seem to be a factor. I'll probably make a short trip down there and check it out, and who knows:roll_eyes: the boat might just follow the truck down there and then I'd have to stay and fish a day or so.:006: And again thank's for the info you guy's!:0a31: