Yuma bound....

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by gilmafam, Apr 5, 2009.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Well gang..... heading out today go down to the lower end of the state and visit wih Gary "Tofish". :wink:

Squaw Lake on the Colorado River Should nice with weather in the mid 80's and 60's at night.....Got some fresh Mack, and some crawlers for getting some gills for bait..... Gary sould bring some chicken livers to round out the bait selection, as I've got some "stink" other package bait to try.....Haven"t been down that way since June of last year when I got my last good flathead...

Here is a pick of my brother Al holding a "look alike" flat that we caught at Gary's secret spot...... Did the CPR with this fish...."Look alike" means it is like me....."short and fat":cool2:

Bayrunner Ray

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Have fun man. I hope they wake up for you. I wish this wind would stop swapping around North to south and back.

3. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Good luck I used to fish down in that area, pretty good fishin.

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I went thru Blythe yesterday while im traveling on the 10. The wind was blowing from there to Dallas Texas. By the time i reached mississippi the wind died down. But it is raining to where i am at right now in Alabama. Im on my way to Georgia spring break rd trip. Good luck fishing. Gary i will be that way soon to wet a line. Man i love the internet on my celly. Lol

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Good Luck down Yuma way Buddy - you and Gary just get those flatheads ready for me in June, because I mean business when I get down there this time around.
    (CPR yes, but other then that, I'm showing no mercy) :0a23:
    :angry:
    lol :happy:

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    gotta take truck in tomorrow morning to have wheel bearings replaced. if get back in time, will go see ray then. rest of week will be rough as have chamber every afternoon, and have to run the food through blender or eat soup. (i will not eat mush or oatmeal either!!!!! yuck. :0a30:)
    but we will get together and fish some.
    gary

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    scott, you're allowed to say that. we need the luck!! gonna catch the wild ones, i'm sure this week.
    gary

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I hope you guys get into em out there. I put in at squaw last weekend just to mess around with the wife and kids. it was pretty nice out except for that wind that keeps bringing in the little cold snaps. the water was up pretty good down towards the dam too, Good luck out there!

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    just talked to Ray on phone. he's taking his time coming down. spent night around salton sea. woke up and had to change flat on inside dually. if truck gets done in time, will go down awhile this afternoon and visit with him at squaw. go over my schedule and figure out what nights i'll stay down there.
    damian, found some (new to me water) off the river i think you'd like. if your nice now, LOL and don't wait to long to reply, might tell you where. think it's gonna be a good night spot for flats.
    gary

10. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Good luck guys. Look forward to hearing about the trip. Hopefully Ray, you'll have a couple flattie stories to tell us about when/if you come up to the gathering here in Mendota.:wink: TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean!

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ment with ray yesterday afternoon at squaw lake down here on colorado river. just sat around and caught up on the visiting and such for a few hrs. then went out and fished. ray had a few bites, but that was all. we didn't seriously fish, but just enjoyed and i showed him some new water.
    spent the night, got up this morning and made breakfast. was a different one for him. did up tatoe tots, then did scrabbled eggs and mixed in some bbq'd spareribs that i'd put through blender. (as i've mentioned, just had teeth all pulled last thursday, so can't eat solids good.) he just looked, but then gobbled everything down.
    came back home as was supposed to start dive chamber therapy again today, and darn tech screwed up and double booked. start tomorrow. will go back down and spend thur and fri nights with ray again. have to come in for therapy in afternoons, but can do that. just have to figure meals for me. :tounge_out:.
    weather is nice down here. gentle breeze so far. cool at night, and maybe 90 during day today.
    can't wait until the blythe gathering.
    gary

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Gary....That smothie sound interesting:wink: Thanks for the report brother. Tell Ray See him down here. Good luck on them sessions. You in pain any? Hope you guys catch a big one out there:wink:

13. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Robb, no pain. vicadin and beer and boat is all it takes. no boat, no beer. see delima? gotta fish for my health. LOL
    gary

14. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    thanks, good luck

15. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
  16. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Well hope you had fun. That storm front moved out yesterday and I figured last night would be the night but... just one small flat and a turtle. Didnt' do any moving around stayed in the same drainage ditch spot. Oh and I caught a dock. It wasn't there when I went to sleep but it was there when I woke up lol.

Attached Files:

17. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Glad I got a chance to meet up with ya Ray. Let us know when your comin down this way again. Hopefully the weather and fish will be more cooperative next time. Tight lines.

:cool2:

18. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    took my boat out today with new depth finder. (i refuse to call it fish finder cause never catch fish when i see them) was happy with it. so many new gadgets controls to learn. but in time.
    gary

19. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck Sir

20. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice turtle:smile2: