Yuma Area Canals

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by camberlin1, Sep 26, 2005.

1. camberlin1

camberlin1 New Member

State:
    Yuma
    Has anyone besides me, mcpherson, and thunderchicken fished any yuma are canals?

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    What's up Cameron,
    First of all welcome to the BOC! Loads and loads of good info here in general. I have been hitting the canals hard the past few weeks as you might be able to read in my other posts. Look forward to talking with ya!

3. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Fished them a little on quick trips. I havent fished them enough to really figure them out yet. My best luck has come from the Gila Main Gravity.

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    From all the local folks I talked to this weekend, the Gila river was the hot spot around here last weekend.

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    the gila is a hot place to fish, the only thing that can sometimes be a problem is the weeds or moss that are in it. Another good one is the All-American canal if you can find good access. There are some very large fish in it.
    :cool2:

6. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    i guess that there are a few more of us from yuma here than I thought! Thats good to know. I plan to go out this weekend, maybe friday night. Anybody interested?

7. DeltaTango

DeltaTango New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Any tips on how to fish the canals? Are you fishing by the headgates and dams or just anywhere in the canal? Thanks.

8. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I tear the canals up there loaded with flats and the gila to I seen about a 50# but it was dead when I was wading the gila about a month ago so if you thing the huge flats arent in the gila have confidence there in there Ive caught a 25# in the gila but ive heard great things about the all american canal going to alcodones. I fish with a 1 ounce slip egg sinker or bigger with an 8/0 circle hook and hook my bluegills through the tail and Ive been doing really good here for about three years. I leave here in about a month and go back to Indiana and Im going to miss fishin in arizona.