Yozuri Hybrid line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Aug 7, 2009.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I am surprised I havent seen this line mentioned on here.The 20lb line as an example has a breaking strength of around 28lbs.I believe the diameter is pretty small by standards also.I have used it in saltwater before and liked it.It isnt the best casting line,but it is very very abrasion resistant.
    Was just curious if people on here have used it for Big Cats.

Note:I used the 40lb in saltwater with great results,and it was long lasting.

2. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Well,I must say Im a little surprised no one is using this line.I have not used it yet in freshwater,but again it was very good in saltwater with nice sized sharks.And it is the best line I found for its resistance to sand,
    and others causing breakoffs.

3. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I use it on one of my spinning reels for bass, 8# though.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yozuri Hybrid line

CRAP!! I had bought some of this line, when it first came out. To me, this was some of the worst line I had ever spooled on a reel. It had way to much memory and it coiled like crazy!! Strength? NOT!! I used the 8lb test for Wipers and White Bass, it broke like it was nothing. Maybe they made some improvements to this line, but for myself, I'll stick with the Fireline.:wink: For my white bass and wiper fishing!!

5. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    I hear ya on the memory issues and it feels kind of stiff.As I said above my experience was in saltwater with 40lb line,so I cant speak for the smaller.I was just a little surprised there wasnt more comments on it.Think Ill stick with the Ande.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Keith!! I haven't tried any Yozuri Line in the heavier lb. class, maybe it's a better quality line for Catfishing applications. I had bought this line years ago from a local bait shop. I was one of the first in the area to experiment with this line. Only using the 8# test line. Using double doll flies, I've found the knot on my spider hitch knot would break while casting, just like using Spiderwire. Getting snagged on rocks was a big issue too. Wasn't much strength there. I ended up loosing more doll flies, than it was worth. Usually I could pop them out of the rocks easily, but this line broke to easily for me for the style of fishing I do. Believe the line was a copper brown color, if my memory is correct. Just prefer the Fireline for casting and strength qualities for the style of fishing I do in the inlet at a local lake I fish!! Gives me an advantage when the big wiper hits. Feel more confident in using Fireline braid. Better hook sets too.

Thanks.
    Mark..

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    This was more of a curious post than anything.I have been using the Ande Tournament line for awhile and am very happy with it.I landed a 15lb blue on 12lb line not too long ago.I use that on my 6500 with a 50lb topshot,and I use the 20lb on my 9000....same topshot.

I was thinking about trying that fireline on one reel to see how it works.
    I would want the lb line that is 12lb diameter for the 6500.....would that be the 50?

8. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i use yozuri 30lb main line 50lb leader and like it have been using it for few yrs the flouracarbon will hold up in the hot sun this is the best line for the price on the markit there is no mono that can hold up and it dose not strech

9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i kinda like it myself, use the 20lbs when using a deep diving crank bait. u get the strength and yet hardly any resistance against the water. cut right thru the collom and gets your crankbait at its max depth.

10. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    You have to make sure that you really wet the line when tying anything that's got flourocarbon on it or in it. The flourocarbon generates a lot more heat than mono or copolymer does when you pull it tight. If it's not lubricated well, it basically destroys the line from the heat. That's probably why your knots weren't holding up. Not enough lubrication on the line.

11. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I've used it in the past other than memory i have no complaints.

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Mixed reviews on this line. Some like it some don't.

13. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Yeah, everything I've read on it is either LOVE IT or HATE IT. Not much in the middle ground on it. Kind of like Cajun Red.

14. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I HAVE IT BUT HAVENT FISHED WITH IT ............

I HAVE THE 40 LB SMOKE COLOR AND PLAN ON USING IT ONE DAY!!!

IT MAY BE THE STRONGEST,SMOOTHEST LINE OUT THERE!!!! AND CHEAP!!!!

I MAY GET THE CLEAR FOR STRIPER FISHING !

LeRoy