Yowch!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Gibbzilla, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I went out fishin last night, and had one of the most painful things happen ta me that's every happened ta me before. I had bites on two different rods, and luckily, I managed ta get em both in. They were both small bullheads, and as I bent over ta get the hook out of one's mouth, It extended it's fins and one went UNDERNEATH my thumbnail. :crazy: CcCcccCRrrraaaAppPp! After getting the fin out from underneath my nail, I dropped my knees ta the ground and LANDED ON THE TOP FIN OF THE OTHER BULLHEAD! I had ta get the pliers ta get it out of my knee, and ta say the least I'm still hurtin today. :tounge_out:

2. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Now that's gotta hurt! Be sure to keep an eye on those wounds. My neighbor had a small piece of fin left underneath a fingernail once and winded up having surgery over the infection. He almost waited too late to save the finger.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Dang brother! Talk about an unfortunate chain of events! Hope youre doing better now. Take it easy.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Clean them wounds real well. and remember it feels so good when it quits hurting. Good luck and heal fast.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Like the others have said, clean out those wounds really well & watch to make sure that they don't get infected. :crazy:

6. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    First mistake was trying to take them off the hook...that is the best bait you can come across! just kidding, that stinks. I know the feeling just from handling them for bait but under the fingernail would be enough to make a grown man cry!

7. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    you just about ruined my lunch.........

hope you feel better soon.

8. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well sounds painful but when you get finned rub the belly of the fish over it and it will take most if not all the pain away. them darn bull heads are nasty bout finning ya like the harder you try not to get finned the more thell get ya. well i feel your pain and hope you get better.

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    OUCH IS RIGHT!!!!!

DANG THAT HAD TO HURT

just readin that made me make a horrible face and i cant imagine what that would hurt like

YEAH DEFINATELY KEEP AN EYE ON THEM WOUNDS LOL

STUPID BULLHEAD'S!!!!

Jeff

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    That stinks!!!! Man, I feel for ya that has to be painful in both places. Make darn sure the fin didn't break off in your skin, and watch for infection just like the other guys have said.

When I was a kid, I saw a guy step on a catfish & have the dorsal fin go completely through his sandal and into his foot. I always remembered that sight. I met that guy a few weeks ago. Weird weird weird. It's been probably 28 or 29 years since that happened, and I met the guy it happened to. He had to go to the hospital & have the fin removed.

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Man, that had to hurt!!! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Are you sure you're not related to "Tim (The Toolman) Taylor", sounds alot like one of his fiascos, LOL!!!

12. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    :crazy: That has got to hurt. I have gotten grazed by their fins on my hand once and that hurt! I can hardly imagine what it would have been like getting the fin under your nail. That was a proposed torture technique with the commies in the Vietnam War. So I can imagine the pain it must have brought.

13. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    Heck Anything That Goes Into The Skin Under Your Fingernail Hurts!!!!

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    OUCH! Man that gotta hurt in the worst way!!!:dribble:

15. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    What a rough outing!! Congrats on landing the 2 fish though!! Great Job!!!

16. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    it dont matter how big and bad a big ol' blue,channel,or flat is,its those little ones that will put a hurtin on ya.

17. jmfraz

jmfraz New Member

State:
    Houston, Texas
    Good grief!! Hope you are back ta normal (and back ta fishing) in no time!!

18. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    I've been stuck by bullheads before and it is not fun. I can only imagine how it felt going under the fingernail. OUCH!

I must say though, your story is pretty funny!

19. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    LMAO.....sorry for laughing, but that sounds like some stuff that would happen to me..LOL..I feel for you though, I know getting horned HURTS!!!!