youth opens this Saturday

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by zcat, Apr 14, 2008.

1. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ohio youth season opens this saterday. We will be hunting northeast ohio. Top turkey area in ohio. My son been doing good in his young years. The first year out he shot a 22.1 pounnder , Then last spring had 14 come in on him all at once, 4 were gobblers. He rolled one ,had it down good and the bird got up and ran off.Looked for hours for bird ,but never found it. Here is a pic from his fall hunt. A bearded hen.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
  2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    oh man that's a great pic! Nice bird and a good lookin kid! Wish him gl for me ! the thrill of the hunt! Nothing in this world can replace that! As little as I've hunted even *I* know that!

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Missouri had their youth hunt this past weekend. I loaned the neighbor kid my shotgun and he choaked up at about 25 yards and wouldn't shoot.:embarassed: First wild bird he ever seen so i guess it's understandable. My boss's son killed a dandy yesterday evening. 24 1/2 pounds, 12 inches of whiskers and 1 1/4 spurs. I'll post a pic as soon as i get it. I get to carry the gun a week from today and will prolly have some HORROW stories of my own.:wink:

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Nawwww no horror stories, you are gonna be fine and I know it!:wink:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Realistically, the turkeys have handed it to me several times. Granted i get my licks in too. The good thing is i don't go into a month long depression anymore if i botch it up, now i can stand in the woods and laugh it off, and go find another. I had just as soon eat a hamburger and often wonder why i torture myself each spring.:confused2: One does not hunt in order to kill, one kills in order to have hunted.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats a fine turkey I bet he was tickled