Youth Fishing Clinic/Tourney

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, Apr 4, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am interested in starting a youth fishing clinic/tourney in my area. Have any of the brothers done something along these lines? If so how hard was this to setup? Did you have to find sponsors, donations, volunteer help (suddawg if you read this you have been voluen-told!), how much was your out of pocket expense, who did you have to go to and get approval i.e. county/city officials, and any other things that you may think of that I would need to take into concideration. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Aaron

TA2D

2. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    If you are able to set up let us know how it goes. I would love to do something like that down here.

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Not that I wouldn't of volunteered anyways. I use to love those clinics as a kid. Aaron i sent you link from the NE games and parks for this.

SudDawg

4. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I have set up several tournaments for A.C.A.T.S. Check with the lake you are planning on having it at about permits. I highly recommend trying to get a couple of sponsers. Try sporting goods stores, bait shops, or anyother company in your area you think might sponser you. When dealing with sponsers, remember to look at it from thier point of view "What's in it for us". Tell them what you can do for them and then ask them what they are willing to do to acomplish your goal.

Also, check with local law enforcement. Ohio has a "Hooked on fishing not drugs" campaign.

I hope you succed in doing this, kids are our future.