Youth Duck Season/North Missouri

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by ASASIN, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I had the good fortune of taking 3 youths ages 12, 14 and 15 on a youth duck hunt this weekend in North Missouri. They were all excited to go, but slept most of the way there(3 am wake up call). We drove a little more than hour to get there and they slep most of the way. They ended the day shooting more than 150 times and ended up killing their 6 birds apiece. They each got a drake pintail, which made them all get excited!!!!!!! 3 pintails, 2 teal, 2 shovelers, 1 widgeon and 8 gadwalls, one being the best looking drake gadwall I've ever seen shot, and I've seen a boatload of 'em. Weather was perfect for duck hunting, overcast, drizzly with temps in the high 30's. They slept all the way home and I imagine slept VERY well last night, since I trudged them through 3/4 mile worth of mud/slop to get there in their waders and through some water. LOL!!!!!!!! I slept the best I've slept in months last night as well. Had the time of my life enjoying taking them out. Now one of the boy's dads said he'd just stick with deer hunting after the work out he got. LOL!!!!!!!!! God bless.

2. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Its people like you that make the US the great Country it is today. Glad you all had a good time. Keep up the good work. It's nice to see people getting involved with the futere of our great country.

3. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I just love taking kids hunting and seeing their expressions, even when they miss. LOL!!!!!!!!! Nothing like taking kids hunting or fishing for that matter. God bless.