You're welcome!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by flathead willie, Oct 5, 2008.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yesterday I went out bow hunting. I saw 4 deer but not the shot I wanted. In the afternoon I watched 9 turkey come across the ridge right past my stand. A few minutes later 5 more come across. They were headed toward where my buddy was set up. About a half hour later they came back and I had 14 birds hanging out under my stand, within 20 yards, for the next hour, before finally roosting in the trees around me. Since they are a great deer decoy and deer readily feed with them, I didn't shoot. There's no need to thank me, I'd rather not have to carry one off the mountain anyway. LOL I just want to let you know that the turkey population is doing real well here in Virginia. I'm going to save them for those of you that enjoy Turkey hunting. Good luck!!:004:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Now that is crazy Willie. I ran into the Womens regional coordinator for NWTF today for CA/CO/NV/UT at the pro shop. She gave me her card. Any folks reading pm me for her email for these states if ya want to meet up with other gobbler hunters.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I shoot one every few years, if I don't have to carry it very far, but mostly I leave them alone. I shot one last gun season when I already had a deer on the ground.