Your User Name ??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    What is behind your choice of your user name? I was given a nickname after Mickey Mouse, and it stuck for many years. All through achool. How about yours?

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Mickey,
    My user name(rspd507) represents the Police Dept. I work for, with the (507) being my badge number and being how I am addressed on the radio when calld by my communications center. rspd507

3. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I have had the nickname and cb handle Swampfox for years, it was given to me by my friends & members of the Search & Rescue Team that I am a part of. Sometimes it is shorten to just FOX. But a lot of people have Swampfox as their user name so I added the SAR for Search And Rescue.

4. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    lol i live in evansville and when i was growing up everyone just called it E'ville for short , so there ya go!

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    mine is easy. Frank Zappa was to cool, love his music and political stance when he was alive.
    happy new year
    Bill

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I got mine from what I do for a living, I'm the lawnman and the 61 is the year I was born.
    :big_smile:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm country at hart. Drove a truck for 7 years and if i never see another big city, it will be too soon for me.

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i grew up next to the big muddy river in illinois and have caught the majority of my cats out of there.

9. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    ldw are my initials.......1945 is year of birth

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Have enjoyed woodworking all my life. Postbeetle = powderpost beetle = worms in wood. There is one specifically called the "Deathwatch Beetle" which is appropriate for how old I am.

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    When I had long hair along with my glasses everyone said I looked like ozzy osbourne. I was a sound engineer which was weird. So I started using it for my email and it stuck.

12. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Mickey, mine comes from the fact that I keep a western-style mustache and my wife hates it. She always says "you'll go to sleep one night and I'll shave those big whiskers". I am also six feet, one inch tall and tip the scales at a modest 300lbs. I'm not exactly sure what that could have to do with it, I'm medium to some of my buddies, heh, heh!

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    one day @ work one of the guys said " hey what's up cat?"Then the next day he was like "El willcat, what's up? so i just decided to use that for my username cuz it was easy to remember

14. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Simple for me to remember. mperry= Michael Perry:wink:

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    My first username was "stolib". I used to drink a lot of Stolichnaya vodka when I was in the Marines and it got to where even the officers called me Corporal Stoli:big_smile: I typoed it when I entered it (was supposed to be just stoli but I added the "b" at the end by accident.) Finally got tired of a goofy looking username so I asked the mods to change it to what it is now - my initials and year I was born.

16. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I bought a used 14 foot jon boat with a 5 horse motor when I was 15 years old. The old fellow I bought it from told me he had caught many a cafish from that boat. His health forced him to sell it. I named the boat Catfishjon. That was 50 years ago and I still have the boat. I'll tell the new owner when I have to sell it the same thing. I've caught many a catfish from that boat. Catfishjon

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went by the handle on the CB when I was truckin aS rELOAD WHEN i SIGNED ON HERE IT WOULDNT WORK SO i ADDED THE 223,ALSO ONE OF MY FAVORITE CARTRIDGES AND THE REST IS b o c HISTORY :big_smile:

18. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    My first name is Tom, I love fishing for flatcats (flatheads) so I figured tomflatcat.

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Last name Ryan first name Gary, most of my usernames are a combo of them for work so I use ryang

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    My handle is the name of the petrochemical plant where I spent a large part of my working life. Hired in as a bottom hourly operator trainee working swing shift, worked every job including plant manager.

I think some folks think it has something to do with fish, like an ole catfish fin... cause I'm so old. :eek:oooh: :smile2:
    But it's pronounced as [oh-luh-fin].
    Actual the word has to do with chemistry.