Your thoughts and advice needed!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Jul 24, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I am a new member in northern N. Y. and i think the BOC is the greatest thing to come along since apple pie. I would like to see the membership up here grow, i havent seen one post from anyone in N. Y. since ive joined and i would really like to change that!! I have sereral ideas but need some input. I work at wall-mart in sporting goods, and if they will let me i would like to advertise the BOC website in the dept. I also need to know from the BOC if this acceptable. MY second idea, was to put a ad in our local penny saver witch is a local paper for people to advertise in. I would greatly appreciate any ideas that you guys can come up with.

Thank you.:0a36:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Frist thing you need to do is send aP/M to either PAUL or one of the Staff Members and see what they say. What ever they tell you I grantee you they won't steer you wrong. Go with thier suggestions. Good Luck.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Email sistercatfish@gmail.com and request some business cards. They are free, then you could pass them out to your customers, company allowing.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks guys for the advice its appreciated!!

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    The business cards are a great idea. Just pass em out or leave em on the counter. Clear it with management of course first.

There have been other members that have advertised the BOC in the paper, it is a great thing to do.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The BOC sent me cards and I put them out in the bait shops here. I was surpised how fast they went. See if the store you work at will let you.
    Bill

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    The bait shop is a great idea Bill, i cant belive i didnt think of it!! I have a friend that owns a bait shop. Its a good thing stupid isnt a crime. I asked mgt. at wally world, they gave me the standard ans. we will think about it.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Steve,

There is a flyer available for BOC members, I just can't remember where it is at.