Your Screen Name...How Did You Come Up With It??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catcaller, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Just out of curiosity...how did 'yall come up with your screen names?

Did you put alot of thought into it? Does it mean something to you? Does it say something about you?

Mine...Catcaller...actually has nothing to do with fishing.

The really good couple of names I came up with at that time were already taken...so I had to dig deeper.

Catcaller refers to the period of my life that my cousin and I ran a trapline together...and had also gotten into calling coyotes in with a rabbit in distress call.

A couple of different times I actually got a bobcat to come in close enough for us to bag them in the thick riverbottom scrub brush.

My cousin and I were well known at our junior high school back then as being BIG TIME hunters/fishermen...and my cousin would routinely spread the stories of our outdoor adventures and exploits around with his big mouth telling everybody where we got our fish/game and how we did it. :angry:

For a short time...I was known as "Catcaller" at school...and all of the particularly grievous ribbings that tend to spout out of 12 year old kids mouths. (I got into more than one fistfight over that particular nickname...and the other names that branched off of it...lol) :smile2:

What prompted you to pick your name??

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Brian,
    There was recently a thread on this topic with lots of replies. You can review it by clicking here. :wink:

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Brian, mine was simple. I live on Lake Norman and I fish for blues, thus LakeNormanBlues.

4. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Whoops...must've missed that one? Sorry Barb. My bad.

Thank you for being so helpful...as I'm sure this isn't the first time something of this nature has occured? :roll_eyes:

But...since the question is already posed...and the thread isn't erased (yet)....

What prompted you to choose your screen name?

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well I knew it had to be simple ,say something about me, and be something I could remember easily.After about a week of careful contemplation and rejecting hundreds of possibilities,I was signing my name on a supply requisition here at work when it came to me in a flinding blash of light!!!!!!!!:crazy:I would use Jim the very same name my parents chose!!!:roll_eyes:They were pleased.The story it tells is, always be an early joiner because nobody else had had this epiphany when I did!!! :big_smile::smile2:THUS I AM JIM!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out:

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    You are right, not the first time its happened and I am sure not the last it will happen. LOL

Most have heard of blue heelers which are Australian Cattledogs, not to be confused with Australian Shepherds which are not related in any way. I love the Australian Cattle Dog breed with a passion and at the time I got my first computer I was owned by a red Australian Cattle Dog named Lacy J.
    Hence the username Cattledogz became my email name and has stuck since that time years ago.

The Z on the end instead of an S was due to the fact that using it gave the needed variation that was not in use on that name.

7. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    You know Barb...I looked at that thread to see if I posted on it and just forgot...and was quite relieved that I in fact did not!! :smile2:

They say the memory is the first thing to go!! I gotta admit I was nervous looking at that thread! Lol.

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Now that would have been too funny if you had! LOL

9. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mine is a play on words it took me about 10 mins to think of when i joined. Also fishing for blue cats is my favorite fishing i love a big tug on the pole and when you hook a big blue your gunna get it.

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Simple.

Took an old nickname of TDawg added NOK because I am IN Oklahoma.

Thus TDawgNOk was born!

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mine is posted here. :smile2:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Mine is from an old Johnny Russell song remade by the Grateful Dead called Catfish John...:wink::smile2:
    I just love this tune.....LOL!

Momma said don't go near that river
    Don't be hangin' 'round old Catfish John
    Come the mornin' I'd always be there
    Walkin' in his footsteps in the sweet delta dawn

Let me dream of another mor-ornin'
    And a ti-ime so long ago
    When the sweet magnolia blossom
    Cotton fields were white as snow

Catfish John was a river hobo
    Livin' by the river bed
    Thinkin' back, I still remember
    I was proud to be his friend

Born a slave in the town of Vicksburg
    Traded for a chestnut mare
    But still he never spo-oke in anger
    Though his load was hard to bear

Come the mornin' I'd always be there [fade]

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well If ya cant guess mine ,I aint tellin .:smile2:

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    When I first joined the BOC, it was the year I turned 50. Then I started thinking of something with fishing, woman, lady, etc. Suddenly, it was Ladyfish! The "50" was added to it so I'll always remember when I joined. Also, there's an old Don Knotts movie where he becomes a cartoon character of a fish, named Mr.Limpett. His girlfriend was Ladyfish!

15. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    Brian

If you look at my avatar my biggest whitetail scored 179 boone and crockett. So I always use bc179whitetail on line.
    Thanks Jeff

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Jeff, yours was one of the few I guessed from the avatar and screen name. Some of the others (like TDawdNOK) have had me mystified for the last 2 years I've been on the board:big_smile:

Mine is pretty simple, initials and year I was born.

17. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    when i first got internet back i wanted to find a name that i knew wherever i signed up was available so i use catfish plus my last name not too many people named solich

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    My screen name isn't or hasn't been the problem. The problem was coming up with a "real" name you all would believe.:wink:

19. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Well mine comes honestly,im hooked on catfishin.And hooked on eatin em too lol..

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i had to think of something and just popped in the ugly squiggly slimy thing i call my brain. as i said befor my password is the real story, but sorry i just cannot tell that tale.:eek:oooh: