Your Pocket Knife

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Mickey, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    What brand of pocket knife do you own or carry? Some old brands to name a few. Queen, John Premble,Case and etc.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mine's a Swiss Army knife/multi-tool.

Usually it's in my purse-pocket, but depends on the occasion :big_smile:

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Hey Mickey I carry a case trapper model all the time. I know there is knives out there that cost more but their not any better.

4. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    I have many different pocket knives but i usually have a case or a buck in my pocket.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have usually have 1 of 2 in my pocket...usually a 2 blade Shrade Old Timer or sometimes a Swiss Army knife,not the big one, the smaller one with just 2 blades and a couple other basic tools.

6. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
  7. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Buck 3 blade stockman always in my pocket. Buck lock blade or fixed
    blade in a scabbard when hunting or fishing.

8. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    my "work horse" has been and still is a case been carring it for the last 20+years i also have a few others you name the brand i probably have it got most as gifts

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    90% of the pocket knives i owned in my life had case xx written on them. I carry a yellow handle one.:wink:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have a Case trapper 4" with blue bone scales

11. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i like the winchesters

12. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I carry two, both are Moore Maker's, one is a trapper style with the exception of the second blade is a hoof pick. The other is a small single lockblade. Both are very high quality carbon steel. The small one stays in my pocket, the other I carry in a scabbard clipped on my belt or pocket.

13. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I carry a Case XX Med/stockman in autumn bone handle.

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have, and have had, so many. There are soooo many FINE knives on the market. I prefer, but am not limited to, carbon steel blades over the stainless. I usually have two knives in my pocket, and basically use them for utility purposes. I'm rough on 'em, thus usually carry a cheap knife. One of my favorite "good" pocket knives is a Boker with Soligen steel. I have lots of fine knives from MANY different manufacturers.
    Bill in SC

15. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I've got Gerber (several), Schrade, Buck, Case, Kershaw, Victorinox... My favorites are Gerbers (because my Grandpa told me years ago that they were very good) as they have a good variety.

I carry 2-3 knives EVERYWHERE, EVERYTIME, much to the disdain of my wife. I ALWAYS have my Gerber Multi-Tool on my belt, and a medium size locking knife, usually my Timberline.

Lately, I've taken to carrying a niftly little knife by Gerber that looks like a money clip, but it's a liner lock knife that uses regular utility knife razor blades. I like it because it's easy to sharpen...just change the blade!:wink: I like it because it's small and NOT intimidating in places that it might be frowned upon someone coming out with a 3.5" bladed liner lock.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Have a couple, a Buck 2.5 inch 2 blade that I've carried for 35 years.

My favorite, a single blade 3 inch Lakota, white bone handles, with NRA Millennium Life Member on the handle.

17. 93catfisherman

93catfisherman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Old timer. three inch blade. :roll_eyes:

18. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I like old timey stuff. Squidders, canvas tents, old guns. Don't have a lot of use for much of the new things, because oftentimes, progress isn't. The test of time is a good one.

But. I've been seduced by modern steels, lightweight materials, and the convenience of one-handed opening.

I carry a lightweight from Russell Knives, over in Springdale, AR.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I always carry 2. Top one is a Spyderco Rescue that I dont use and is factory sharp. Middle is a S&W Homeland Security, thats my everyday knife, cardboard, rope, bottle opener, bait...you get the picture. Bottom is a Case Sodbuster that I dont carry much but had to show since Case seem to be popular here. I have a box of knives from over the years in the closet.

Attached Files:

20. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    an 3 blade old timer man i like them knives