Your picture on the baitshop wall?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Iowa_Josh, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    How many of you have had your picture up there on that baitshop wall? Don't worry, I know we all get smarter as we go.

2. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i do! on my flathead at r&r in clinton iowa brother!

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I did years ago, but it was of a 66 pound snapping turtle I caught, not a catfish.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Nope, the bait shop is too close to the post office, and no one, in their right minds, want their picture on the post office wall.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL...this is true brother....LMAO

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just brought my picture into my local bait shop!

Aaron

TA2D

7. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    have had mine up in the bait shop when we caught that 90 lb blue dont know if it still up there or not.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Nope never did have My Picture on the bait shop wall before. But I did wright The Ex wifes Name and phone number on alot of Mens restroom Stalls when I first got Devorced several years ago. And yes I know BAD BOY, BAD BOY! J.D.Straka :big_smile:

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nope I release everything, so they never see a bait shop..Actually I very seldom go in a bait shop at all.

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I know the feeling.You want to make sure she finds someone else instead of wanting you back.Ain;t it a shame the way we will do our fellow man when the chips are down.peewee-williams

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

LMAO JDSTRAKA! My divorce wasn't that bad, but that's funny.
    And nope, never had my picture in a bait shop, but my father was when he caught his personal best 69lb. Flathead.

SudDawg

12. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Had mine up there back in the mid 80s, when I caught a 6lb 10oz Orange mouth Corvina.

13. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    The lady that owns the local bait shop sells big skipjack she catches. Well instead of buying we bartered a system. 4 big crappie filets (2 fish) for one skipjack. So I usually take her in a bunch of big crappie so she took my picture with them last fall and it's up there with all the catfisherman, I circled the fish and wrote BAIT by it. They all got a kick outa that :lol:

14. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont have my pic at any bait shop but i get my pics of cpr developed at walmart and they always tell me i should but some of my pics back in the sporting good department never have yet but i might

15. jruckman41

jruckman41 New Member

State:
    west virginia
    I Have My Picture Up At Are Local Bait Shop With A 13lb Channel

16. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I don't have my picture on the bait shop wall but I did stay at a holiday inn express. lol

17. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    My picture still hangs in several baitshops around here. I caught the former state record walleye in1995 from our local lake, and it was big news back then. Most of the bait shops have left the picture up to entice folks to continue to fish for the walleye. Still stretching that 15 minutes of fame..... :cool2:

18. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I got my picture at the bait shop and a few camp grounds where I fish but mine are kind of small compared to the monsters these guys are catchin.

19. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    the local bait shops wont let me have a picture on their walls...it scares all the customers away. lol

20. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Had my picture in boat dock on the White river just below Bull Shoals Dam. Caught a 10lb 2oz. and 6lb. Browns the same night fishing the holes below the dam with broken back Rapalas. I havn't been back since they started catch and release only in that area tho.