Your Opinion

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have a question and i thought maybe your alls opinion could help out.

My grandfathers close friend is coming into town tonight and he loves to fish. the problem is he is close to 80 and cant walk very well. he is from maryland so he will have to by a license. to keep a long situation short, i have to find a place to take him fishing or my Gpa will give me hell. I was thinking of taking him to a paylake due to the accessibility and cost of a license vs their fee. am i a bad BOCer if i do that or is it okay in this circumstance. i have quit fishing them since i joined the BOC but i think this may be the exception to the rule. what are your all's thoughts...

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Take him to the boat club. You can park right where you fish.:wink:
    Or take him to Stewart's, we'll let you slide this once....:roll_eyes::wink:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Jeremy the man is almost 80 so putting a smile on his face is more important than where he sticks him:big_smile::big_smile: Pay lake, big lake, or river I hope you're able to put him on some fish. Good thing you're doing there and I'm sure he will enjoy the outing. Stay safe and best of luck to you!!!:wink:

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I agree man. Take him where you know you can get him on a good one! We will all forgive you. I feel the same about my gpa and I am not sure how many years of fishing hes got left in him. I want him to get a serious pig so bad. I hope what ever you do you can get him a fat pig. Good luck!

5. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I also vote do it. I'm sure he'll love it-all effects negate the paylake crap, make him happy. My grandpa died before I got a chance to take him and see him at something he cherished so much. Don't let the old man down and enjoy making your grandfather's friend happy.

6. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    i also vote u should do it. pu the man on some fish no mtter what it takes. he prob knows inside where ur takn him but he thanks ya for carn at the same time.:big_smile:

7. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    Heck yeah take him somewhere he can catch a fish and let him have fun i think in ths situation all boc members will look the other way. I didnt see anything did you. i also quit fishing paylakes a couple years ago but it wont hurt one vit to take him to catch some fish good luck and hope he catches a basket full heck take the ones you catch and turn it around on the paylake and let them go into the river and restock the river haha!:smile2:

8. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    take him to a nice pay lake,for god's sake.if i can cast a pole at 80 i wont give a dam if it's a pay lake or not ! BUT, you will have to give you'r self 5 hard lashes a cross you'r own back, with a ultra lite, for just being there !!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::cool2::wink:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey jeremy i hope you took him to a paylake. yeah i dont like paylakes, but ive been to them. its where i used to go to drink and fish with friends...dont do it anymore but used to. but i have to say if a paylake is good for something its that most of them are easily accesible for older people like that and for diasabled people since most lakes let u put the car right by the lake. cuz lets face it, our states havent done the best job on earth to help the disabled and elderly to fish. so go on buddy. take him there and hope you guys caught some monster river fish from the lake...just try to sneak them out and put back in the river...:big_smile: jk dont...cuz u can go to jail

10. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks for all the replies and support, from the opinions that i have gotten from you all and my own thoughts, ill be taking him on wed...

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i wanna see pics of his hawg jeremy! which lake u taking him to?

12. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    to be honest im not really sure yet, there are quite a few of them around me. ill def take a few pictures if we catch any.

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Take him anywhere you can put him on fish. With the disability paylake will probably be a better option. I hope when I'm 80 I can still cast a R/R and have someone to take me anywhere I can catch a fish.

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Jeremy I agree with all the other Boc'ers ! And I know you are pretty much a catch and release guy but I would keep all you caught whether you eat em or restock elsewhere ! I am gonna rep everyone on this thread till I run out o reps for understanding the need to put this elder on fish !

15. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    ken i'm sure someone will take you fishing when your 80,but whats this about catching them ?

16. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Larry
    maybe I should have just said fishing:confused2::embarassed:

17. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Do as you please . Who cares what others think . If you was selling big fish from other waters then you would catch hell on here , maybe even be tracked by a linch mob , but taking an old timer is no reason for anyone to say jack squat about it being a pay lake . The old timers have paved the road to catfishing and forgot more then some of us will know . Good luck to you and your grandpa's freind . I hope you guys catch them all .

18. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    now were talking:smile2:

19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Go and DO,, You'll never regret it,, The memories will be with you .... Where you fished won't be so important..

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Buy him a new lawn chair and take him fishin if he want's to go. I hope he catches the lake record and puts it back where it came from. Good luck