Your Opinion on this area

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by deadly_legend, Sep 26, 2008.

1. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Well, I found a nice little area under a bridge about a quarter a mile from my house, and I was wondering if you all think it is a nice area or if I am wasting my time. I've caught one, only about a pound, do you think there would be bigger ones?

*EDIT*

at the moment i am having some slight problems with uploading the pictures since i have uploaded them before

will find a way to post them again

sorry

2. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I dont see any pictures, but youre never wasting your time if youre wetting your hook.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've caught some really nice fish around bridges. It can be a very good spot to catch cats. Maybe even some bigguns too!!!!!:cool2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
  5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    that creek is loaded with channel cat.. most are small but they are fun to catch!! get some secret7 or sonnys and go catch them!!:wink:

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Looks good to me I would bait it with sweet feed or cheep dog food if legal you would have a honey hole:roll_eyes:

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Should be some bullheads in there too if ya'll have those up there. alot of structure for those small cats. Yep, dip bait and chummin. any flow to it at all? I have fished a creek here at home every since I was a young kid, caught alot of nice channels up to 10lbs, its a tad bigger than yer creek but not by much. Stick to the structure cuz thats where they will be. and if you have any current, ripples any kind of running water fish right below it and to the outside bank.......Hope you have fun.

8. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    there isnt a current, atleast i havnt noticed one, and i have seen some really nice sized carp in there aswell along with cats. only problem ive had was getting them to bite lol. I've been using sonny's and shad sides. been getting bited, but they wont take it, so i'm thinking alot of them are small.

9. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    most of the time the fishing pressure will be to high under the bridge area it is to easy for bank fisherman to get to try and go where it is hard to get to

10. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind

good idea, i saw alot of good places in the water, but they seem rather, difficult to get to them, i think i am going to take a hike down there soon and find an area to go to.

11. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    WELL, i really love this spot, went back today, and it was actually producing some fish, not that big, but atleast i was catching them, and my grandma almost landed a larger catfish, it was bigger than the 12 pounder she caught in Lafyett (sp?) AND a Carp broke my 50lb. Spiderwire Braid I had. (i saw it snap it) so it has fish in it, we also caught a snapping turtle, was pretty cool.:smile2::cool2::smile2:

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what are of the creek are you fishing?

13. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    You know Caseys (sp?) General Store on Oak Hill Rd.? well im under the bridge right by there, like, 300 feet away lol.

i also am trying to catch my cooler :eek:oooh: since it fell in and floated away lol, lost a fillet knife and a bunch of hooks and some sinkers, OOPS

14. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Looks good to me , you never know what could cruise by and grab yer bait.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am grabbing my gear be right over:roll_eyes:

16. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    It looks like a good spot to fish to me.

17. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    what do you all think about trying a trotline across it? good, bad, dont try, go for it, stick to R&R, pvc poles?

18. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    probably wouldnt run a trot line across it because there are people that canoe that creek from time to time.. you wouldnt want a line going across it for someone to get into... did you ever try to find any secret7 or sonnys? were do you park when you fish down there or do you live by it?

19. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Ah, i see, well, good thing i decided to go with pvc poles to use at the river :big_smile:
    and i use sonnys, i love it, but today i am using turkey liver, and i caught a nice sized fish and i park at a church, if you drive down Oak Hill Rd. then you may see a red mustang parked at a church just down the road from caseys general store.