Your opinion for my dream boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by great pappy cat, Sep 6, 2007.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Hello bros.My dream is to guide for cats for a living.Im looking for the ultimate costom boat for fishing a large shallow river.I would also be intersested in getting involved with acats tournaments to obtain some recognition.Ive herd alot about a local boat builder that seems ideal for my home waters.
    I would like to get you guys opinions for options and accessorys i should consider.here is the link to the site of the boat builder i am considering.
    http://www.snyderboats.com/contactus.htm

2. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    Id also like to know if the square bow would be an issue on larger waters.I have a square bow boat now and in a heavy chop its a very wet ride

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Pappy.. you might want to compare his price against a 24 x 72 SeaArk with a 60 gallon livewell..For guiding you'll need plenty of room..jmo

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Heres the one I like for shallow water. You can get it with a forward or aft console. I like the forward as you have 4 chairs for drifting and fishing out the back. Walk thru winshield is the way to go, especially for guiding for comfort reasons. You can get full zip in enclosures for foul weather.
    http://www.seaarkboats.com/boat.php?measure=Standard&boat=Predator22+200AK

5. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    Thanx guys.Ive already looked at the sea arks there awesome but,I think the snyder is the better option for 90% of the fishing I do.I like the forward console so you get a better veiw of what is in front of you.My river is very treacherous the shelf rock can go from 10' to 0' in the distance of 1'.Collisions are inevitable.They use a better grade of aluminium than standard marine grade and the bottom is 3/16".Also you can get an option of some kind of plastic attatchment that provides extra stregnth and is slick so you can skip right over the rocks.Its built like a tank desighned for collisions.I beleive this would probably draft less on drift and on plane.than the sea ark plus its cheaper

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Let me pass on to you the advice one of the premier guides at Santee gave my son when he thought he wanted to be a guide someday.The guide said;"If you want to be a guide make sure you are done fishing!!!"Everybody looks at a guides life and thinks WOW I could do that and wouldnt it be fun.What they dont see is those mornings when you dont feel good but have to go anyway,or those long nights when the boat or motor is broken and you have to fix it,or being up at 4am when the temp is 32 or less and you are throwing a cast net for bait and cant catch any.I would carefully consider the waters you intend to guide on and make sure it has real trophy potential like the James river ,Santee etc.Folks wont pay much to catch a bunch of 10lb fish.But it is also rewarding and has many good moments,only time will tell if you can make a living at it.I would talk to some of those that have tried it before I jumped in with both feet.:big_smile::smile2:

7. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota