Your MUSIC In HIGH SCHOOL

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by redneckdrum, Jun 21, 2006.

1. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    My teenage neighbor had his Ipod attached to his head walkin' down the street.I asked him what he was listening to so he let me hear.I cant believe how the music changed since I was his age.So I burned him 5 of the most popular album's when I was in high school which were:

1.'HI INFIDELITY' by REO Speedwagon

2.'THE WALL' by Pink Floyd

3.'4' by Foreiner

4. 'BACK IN BLACK' by AC/DC

5......and still one of my all-time favorite's:'I LOVE ROCK N ROLL' by Joan Jett & the Blackheart's

I graduated in 1983.Do you remember your favorite album's when you were in high school

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, unlike most of my friends, I hate most of that new crap. Some of the new Rock is pretty good, but I say it's hard to go wrong with bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, etc. One type of music that I actually hate though is Rap, man that stuff is horrible in my opinion, I don't see how anyone can stand listening to that mess.

3. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I know what you mean brother.I been playing music most of my life and I can't picture myself doing music about 'how many ho's you can do at one time',or 'how many MFer's you can put a cap in'.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    We think just alike! LOL! It's sort of sickening actually, that Rap is so popular right now, because it is mostly about those negative things. Killing people, Gangsters, what a load of BS. I'm glad there are some intelligent people left in the world.

5. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I take it John dosen't like Tommy James & the Shondell's

6. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    George Strait, Rick Trevino, various other bands, yes and the king CHRIS LEDOUX.If you cant tell it was a REDNECK THING

7. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I can't wait to see member's 'Big George & PeeWee put thier $.2 in on this one.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Speaking of Music, we played Name that Tune for about an hour tonight in Chat. It was a good time.

I have always listened to Hank Jr, from the time I can remember listening to music. Still listen to him about every day.

9. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Those are some great albums there. But what about Boston, April Wine, and the ever popular Eagles, and my all time favorite Styx.....before Kilroy and Mr. Roboto.
    People pay good money for their underwear. So they think everyone should see them. That drives me d*** crazy.

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    4. 'BACK IN BLACK' by AC/DC

omg i love them!! acdc are like my almost favorites. my friends think im crazy for listenin to them but i love them, im like one of 5 in my school who listens to them

11. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

AH C'MON TEA,we know you still have them Barry Manilow/Culture Club cassette's hidden somewhere in Madison's room where no one can find them........WAIT A MINUTE.........Barry Manilow was alright(kinda)

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    One of my favoriate all time funny songs was by Chuck Berry. I'll let ya guess which one. LMAO

13. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    STYX is one of my all-time favorite group's.I have all the good album's from them:

LADY

EQUINOX

THE GRAND ILLUSION

PIECES OF EIGHT

CORNERSTONE (that one had BABE on it)

PARADISE THEATHER

KILROY WA....................never had,never will

and I do also have April Wine's 'THE NATURE OF THE BEAST' album.It had the song JUST BETWEEN YOU & ME on it.

14. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    AGREED!!!!!!!!

but i like bluegrass, rock, and hard rock, all country(old and new), and some of the new rock is ok but them are the best imo lol:big_smile:

15. fishboy

fishboy New Member

State:
    SC
    Being a 83 grad as well those are great songs. In fact , my 16 year old listened to this only for many years...gotta teach the classics, blackfoot..train. Journey etc

16. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

YEAH! Ironiclly,the only #1 hit he ever had,in fact his last hit:'MY DING-A-LING' from 1972

17. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Seen Styx in concert many years ago, Grand Illusion Tour. But we did forget the Icon of the century and the best showman around, The CDB. You ain't seen nothing until you see Charlie Daniels Live!:cool2:

18. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Then you remember 'COME ON EILEEN' by Dexy's Midnight Runner's,also,the class of 1983 top box office movie 'FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH'

19. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    So much good music from those days I don't know where to start!
    AC / DC
    Ozzi with Randy Rhoads
    Pink floyd
    SRV and double trouble
    Def Lepard
    Lynyrd Skynyard
    Jethro Tull
    Heart
    Eric Clapton
    Jim Croce
    Kansas
    Yes