Your most exciting DOUBLE hook-up!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by stumpjumper, Apr 23, 2008.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Two rods get slammed at once! Your fighting one cat when another rod doubles over! In the middle of a few photos when your clicker starts zinging!

We have all had this happen at some point or another. It is one of the most exciting and often times, chaotic things that can happen when catfishing. I am sure that many of you have a story you could share about your most memorable double. I know I sure do!

Mine happened last September at Santee. My neighbor (bass fisherman) had never caught any big cats, so that was our agenda. The action was really intense and my buddy was really enjoying landing PB after PB. The double happened around 3 in the morning when two rods located side by side, went down hard. I'm thinking that one fish was tangled because both rods were straight down rigs and located so close to eachother. Not the case! As we are reeling in the two fish my neighbor's rod just snaps in half. Talk about CRAZY! He keeps reeling. Both Flatheads surfaced at the exact same time. We got both in the net and into the boat. We just starting laughing about the all the craziness! Both Flatheads were over 30#s! What a double! Check out the picture.

Anyway, please take a moment to share your most memorable and exciting double!

Attached Files:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    never had a double with two fish at once that size. I had two poles in a tournament one night take off and I was by myself. Had to reel one, then the other..lol.. they were small flats though... I caught one over twenty one night and then a 30lb. flat a half hour later.. on another occasion my buddy busted a 42 and 40 in the same night out with me. I can only imagine how much fun that would have been if they would have hit at once! Nice fish man, and good post....rollo

3. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    yup, I know the feeling happened to me this year. I was thinking which comes in first? This can't be happening.

Attached Files:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    One day I was just about done fishing, and decided to to practice long casts on a 10' surf rod. After I few casts I started reeling in, and something just didn't feel right.. it was fighting me like a fish on.. sort of. I reeled in an old stringer with 3 lively channel cats attached.

Ok, true story but that's not really what you were asking :smile2:

Last year I can remember 2 doubles. First time, my buddy had just started fighting a nice fish when my pole went down hard. I got it in as fast as possible, weighing, and releasing a 22lb blue in time to help get his 61lb blue into the boat.

The other time was during a tournament, again my buddy's pole went down with a nice fish, and five seconds later his other pole went down.. I forget which one we pulled in first, but we had some exciting moments there trying to stay out of each others lines and get them in the boat. When it was done we had a 42 and a 40lb blue in the boat, our only fish of the night, and good for 3rd place in the tourney.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It was back when I was about 17 or so. One had black hair and the other was a red..................... OOPS! You mean fish. Sorry!!!! LOL!

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    It was on the Mo river years back fishing with dad before he died. One rod took off set the hood was fighting it when the other rod took off. Cought it with my foot in front of the reel as it was going out of the boat. Both were blues about 10 pounds apiece. Not big but very exciting and fun. Dad was up in front of the boat laughing and was asking what I was going to do. He just sat there and enjoyed it. That is one trip I will never forget.

Tom

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Flathead, Marc.

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    These are some good stories. Keep them coming!

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a very nice fish, Marc.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I've had double flatheads before but not the size like your stumpjumper.

Had on pole between my legs while I winched in the medium flats.

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Funny Gary the fishing was good those 2 nights thats for sure. Although I was not there I do remember it.

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Speaking of doubles, we had two this past weekend :crazy:

Attached Files:

13. HuckleHook

HuckleHook New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice fish, Marc!

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats some nice looking fish that you caught I have never caught 2 at one time but I have had both of my lines take off at the same time be able to hook one and miss the other last year me and my brother was fishing a place called German Bridge, and both of my poles kept taking off at the same time I dont know if i was blue gill or not but it was fun time.