YOUR LOCAL BANKER NEEDS HELP

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bambam, Feb 16, 2008.

1. bambam

bambam New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    HI GUYS, I AM A NOVICE CATTER LIVING IN CHESTERFIELD COUNTY VA. I DO NOT HAVE A BOAT SO I DO MY FISHING FROM THE BANK. ANYONE WILLING TO SHARE LOCATIONS OF SOME DECENT SPOTS ON RIVER BANKS THEY FISH. I DO NOT MIND TRAVELING AN HOUR OR TWO IF A SPOT IS KNOWN FOR PRODUCING. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST BOATS SO IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE SOME COMPANY MAYBE WE CAN GET TOGETHER. ALSO IF YOU WOULD LIKE COMPANY ON THE BANK LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BRING THE SCOOBY SNACKS.

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm a bank fisher as well. I don't have alot of luck. I like the Wilcox Wharf in Charles City. It's productive for your small catfish use worms and try to stay on the left side of the pier. Osbourne Boat landing is rather poor but I've caught fish there and I've seen people catch a few. Deep Bottom park has access to 4 mile creek which runs into the James I've caught a few there as well. The largest fish I've seen anybody catch from the bank was 12lbs and that was a couple weeks ago by the Annibelle Lee in Richmond off canal street. I think if you live in Chesterfield Dutch Gap is your best bet. I've only been there once but I've heard you can catch some large ones from the bank.
    Hope I was some help. I need help too.
    good luck