Your life is in the blood!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamcatcher, May 21, 2006.

What is your blood type?

1. Type A+

2. Type A-

3. Type B+

4. Type B-

5. TypeAB+

6. TypeAB-

7. TypeO+

8. TypeO-

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Hello everyone. I am writing this post today to share some information that many of us know about, but few of us really put much stock in, and that is the food that we take in on a daily basis. My recent interest has mainly dealt with fish, but as you will note by the end of this post it is all foods that we should view with a critical eye in conjunction with our individual health goals.

First off, let me preface my thoughts by saying that it comes as no surprise that we are all going to die no matter how anal we get about what we put in our bodies. It is all part of the aging process, and death is the pot of gold that will be claimed at the end of the rainbow we call life, but are you ready to claim that pot today? If you are, stop reading right now, because this post will be completely useless to you. Do we view life as just the stepping stone to death, or do we take the time to lead a healthy life, and enjoy the journey to the inevitable?

Physical and mental health has always been a major issue with me, not simply because I want to stave off my own mortality, but because I've witnessed so many loved ones abuse their bodies excessively in a rush to reach their own. No one is handing out any certificates of appreciation for eating or drinking well, but those same accolades won’t be reserved for those who live excessively either. What it really boils down to is a matter of choice. I guess what puzzles me about the human race is:
    • We can conduct preventative maintenance on our cars, boats, and fishing gear, but we neglect the maintenance on the most important machine – our human body
    • We fail to realize that we are all wonderfully made, yet we make little effort to maintain that condition
    • We refute religion or science so it gives us an excuse to indulge, but we quickly turn to religion or science when we arrive at the breaking point

I started off like many of you learning the five food groups, and eating those in moderation. Then as an adult I learned about taking those same groups, and breaking them down into proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. This was accompanied by learning the value of eating smaller meals more frequently in order to speed up my metabolism. Now, there is a science that speaks of eating food according to your blood type. Does this make any sense? Well, we are different from one another regarding the type blood we possess, so why wouldn’t certain foods be beneficial for certain types?

We all know that blood is the messenger that carries oxygen and nutrients all over the body, but what I didn’t know was how certain foods will inhibit or slowly break down some systems in the body if they're not compatible to your type. In other words, what’s good for me isn’t going to necessarily be good for you even if it’s a food solid in nutritional values. This is some pretty interesting stuff to say the least, and those interested in staying healthy might want to cross-reference some of the information in your spare time. Check it out:
    http://www.dadamo.com/

Click on the TypeBase4 food values, but check out the entire site. By the way do you know your blood type? How many O- folks do we have out there?

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I just realized Ihave no clue as to my blood type

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm A-, wife is AB-. Hers is very rare.
    I learned my blood type when I was 17, it was on my dog tags.

First time I've seen a diet for different blood types.
    I've dieted since I was 23 years old. Since then we've tried to eat sensible but we still pig out now and then. :lol:

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    My exfather-inlaw has a book on this. Food for your blood type he eats for his blood type and thinks it works. I'm going to check it out, thanks.

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    looks like my pound and a half of bacon for breakfast lunch and dinner may not be a very good regiment for me to follow:tounge_out:

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    O positive..If it sounds good to me, then it is what I eat. Everything now days is bad for you. You just don't to have to overdue it.

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    My wife says she is RH- why is it not on there is it that rare?

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    O+ here I give a pint every 58 days I just got my 2 Gallon pin altho I gave alot while active duty but didnt track it Id say Im at probably 4 or 5

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Having O blood is a double edged blade...we can give to everybody, but we can only receive from our own. Even worse, I can only receive O negative blood:0a15:

10. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Rip,
    Rh is the factor that's attached to the alphabetical designation that's written as positive or negative

11. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Okay...........what the he!! does that mean?:confused2:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It must mean she is positively REALLY HOT!
    Or negatively NOT
    Which is it buddy? lol and you better answer this right:eek:oooh:

13. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    She's HOT, and standing right over my shoulder.

14. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    This is a hoax. Here's what I found on the listing for potatoes:

TYPE A:
    Secretor:
    AVOID: Contains lectin or other agglutinin. Metabolic inhibitor. Flocculates serum or precipitates serum proteins.
    Non Secretor:
    AVOID: Contains lectin or other agglutinin. Metabolic inhibitor. Flocculates serum or precipitates serum proteins.

If potatoes really flocculated the serum of every type A person, half the world would be dead by now. Besides, for that to happen, you'd have to get the potatoes somehow into direct contact with your bloodstream (say by injecting mashed potatoes directly into your veins). When you eat a potato, you digest all of the proteins in it, and they enter your bloodstream as tiny bits called amino acids which are already in your body not causing you any harm in the first place. This site is just shear quakery. Don't listen to this D'Adamo guy, he's just trying to sell his book.

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Like Dayton I found out my type in boot camp. Apparently O- is pretty popular cause I was gettin tapped for it constantly. Then I find out that I am what is called a universal donor.

As far as diet goes. If it ain't crawlin off the plate or movein too fast, I'm eatin! LOL!

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My first wife was RH-. Doctors didn't mention it during or after 1st pregnancy. Different M.D. on the second one gave us hell for getting PG the 2nd time. That one had to have complete blood transfusion because of the Rh factor.

17. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Rip, Rh is a certain type of protein that's found in the blood. If it's present you're positive; if not you're negative...hope this helps

18. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

So you don't believe that certain foods go with certain blood types? I noticed you were a graduate student. Are you in the medical field?

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Vic according to my card from American Red Cross
    TYPE RECIEVE FROM GIVE TO
    A+ - A/O +- A/AB+
    O+ - O +- O/A/B/AB +
    B+ - B/O +- B/AB +-
    AB+ - ANY TYPE AB +
    A- - A/O - A/AB +-
    O- - O- ANY TYPE
    B- - B/0 - B/AB +-
    AB- - AB/A/B/O - AB +-

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    B+ here, Vic. Interesting post. Whether it is a hoax or not, it gives us something to think about. Years ago Mom was told by her MD not to eat pork, it was interferring with her kidneys. Well years later, I loved pork , but discovered I may be the same way, so now I prefer beef. Which is what this page says about B+, so interesting.

Thanks for a mind expanding post. Take care.