Your First Car

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Jul 19, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    what was your first car mine is a :
    Honda Civic Ex
    Manual tranny
    both bumpers need replaced and the winshield obviously and i got new tires for it, we replaced the CV joints and we are getting rotars for it today, and there is a few other things

BUT HECK I THINK I DID PRETTY GOOD FOR GETTIN THE CAR FOR FREE!

GUESS WHO IS GONNA GET THEIR LICENSE TODAY

ME YEP TODAY I GO AND GET MY LICENSE

Thanks Jeff

2. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    My first car was an 87 Buick Grand National, but it wasnt in excellent shape. It needed alot of TLC.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Everybody off the road in East Central Indidana! That car was new before he drove er home!!!!!

Mine was a 78 olds cutlass supreme.

Congrats on the life of mobility!

4. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    my first car was a 75 cadilac coupe de ville power everything big 500ci motor would pass anything on the road but the gas station and it was canary yellow lol i loved that car

5. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Congratulation on your license and first car. That first is one you'll always remember. Mine was a rusted out 79 toyota 4x4 pickup with no bed, no muffler, and it poured water down through the cab onto my lap. It had a four inch lift and skinny little bald tires. It would shoot flames 2 ft out from behind the cab.

Yours is much better looking.

6. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My first car (still fondly thought of) was:

75 Chevrolet Malibu Classic

350 cid engine that got 26 mpg at 76 mph.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :cool2: Congrads on your getting your LIC and your frist car. Just be darn careful out there.Watch all the idiots on the road.
    My first car was way back when 1950 Chevy ,powerglide transmission. Yes thats what it was called back then Powerglide.
    Being a 16 yr old I gave that poor car HE$$. Don't you do the same. Show them your smarter than I was at age. BECAREFUL and GOD BLESS!!

8. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Mine was a 1954 Ford three speed on the column. Everytime I hit a pot hole I lost part of the car. Paid 75.00 cash and could fill it up for three dollars (not includung the oil).

9. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    1969 Mercury Cyclone. 390 cid 4 speed, 4 barrel. About 14 mpg.

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my first car, my father bought for me was a 1982 buick regal. but my first car i payed for myself was a 1992 chevy camaro 25th anv. model. i had it for 6 years and sold it two start college funds for my 2 children, it hurt to get rid of it but i made the right choice. good post jeff, got me thinking about my younger years, lol. good luck getting your license.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    My first car was a 56 Ford Victoria, I bought it new, cost $2500, I was 21 and just discharged after a 4 year hitch in the USAF. Here is the picture, some have seen it before. :cool2:

12. jholman

jholman New Member

State:
    Columbus Mississippi
    Mine was a 1974 Jeep cj5 and I still own it. My dad bought it for me new.

13. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    My first car was a 1958 Pontiac.

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

1968 super beetle with a BAJA kit to turn it into a dun buggy even had a roll bar on the inside. I could go anywhere the big 4x4's could go except the deep water and it never got stuck. the motor was a whopper at 2200 cc"s it was the quickest bug around.

15. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Mine was a Ford Fiesta - I hated that car at first but I got a paint job on it and loved it. Went everywhere until I was rearended and the hatchback was in the back of my driver seat.

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    1940 chevy special deluxe...4dr..the rear doors were suicide doors. inline 6 banger 3 on the tree. gave dad 160 bucks for it. painted it black. it had 300 bucks worth of new interior in it. i had to put a clutch in it when i got it.

17. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My first car was an 83 Dodge Mirada, white with a red stripe. My second car was a beige 82 Buick Regal AKA "The Pimpmobile". Me and my buddies got lost one night and wound up in East St. Louis. As we were trying to find our way back on the interstate, people were waving at us and flashing gang signs. A super naive buddy of mine replies "Golly, these people are so friendly!" Evidently I had the same car as a big-time drug dealer or pimp. Those were the days................

18. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    seeing how i was a broke inner city teen i saved up a whole $450 and bought a 76 AMC pacer when i was 18yrs old. it was lime green, had a yellow hatchback, a red drivers side door, and a bent frame but i loved that car. wish i had taken some pics of it now! remember waynes world? that was us:big_smile:

19. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    81 GMC 4x4 350, big mud tires on it sure was fun.

20. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    '74 VW Bug. Talk about fun in the snow. Wrapped it around a telephone pole. Upgraded to a '77 Impala. They don't build 'em like they used to.