Your favorite section on the site?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by derbycitycatman, Nov 22, 2007.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    With a gut busting full of bird I was wondering what everyones favorite section of the site is and why. By the way, Happy Thanksgiving.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Myself I like the GC section.Seems to be more info there. General Conversation. Then of course the Missouri River Talks.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would go with "Catfish Discussions" and "Bubba's Outboard Repairs". I think when I first found the site, it had very limited topics not related to fishing. Golly, look at it now. Wish there was someway to ban the stuff so I didn't even have to see it.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    general is my first ,then hunting all catfishing and then the states . I also like the diner and garden sections

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Library gets my vote. All the good stuff is there...:cool2:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Any section that Olefin posts in. And Mark J. He has such an insight on so many things. LOL!

Not really hooked on one. I like to browse.

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Chatroom gets my vote first, after that would be a tossup with Gen. Convo and BOC Member Gatherings, the rest is mostly by thread topics, not necessairly by area.

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I'm with BG on this one.

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Floated the site unmembered for a long while. Really liked the library, then began to note certain said "characters" and their styles. Joined, and one of the first posts I made was on "Homemade Catfish Baits" in my manner of writing. One of the first commentators was "JTrue' in the straightforward way he works.

I usually can't keep my nose out of something so I started participating more. I stayed with the technical stuff and then found General Conversation was where guys and gals became who they really were. You can tell a lot about people in those threads.

Really, I am kind of like 'Ol "Train Wreck" an "upskirts" kind of guy just browsing the catwalk looking at a lot of things and then picking something that really interests me.

It is getting tougher though. People seem to be participating more the last month or so and things only have a 24 hour or less cycle on here and I know I am missing some things. It just disappears in the ether or gets shoved into pigeon holes I never think to look.

10. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i like it all:big_smile::cool2:

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I usually scroll through all the forums looking for interesting posts, especially anything pertaining to chickens livers.----:dribble::0a19:I'm really surprised that Mr. Postmortembeetle hasn't written us a interesting story on the subject. Actually i spend most of my time in the g.c. section unless I'm looking for something specific, at which point i check out the library. Unfortunately i miss a lot of posts due to the odd hrs. i work. I would like to be on here a lot more than i am--some day--some day, thinks i!!:beat_shot:

12. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I'm with the browsers, man I love it all. Just cant ever get to it all!

13. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Id have to say I like the HI area the most. I feel like I know those folks better than anybody else. Besides that I just browse the new posts and hope I dont miss out on too much. Ya ever go a day or two without visiting here and theres thousands of missed post, whew. This place is so big its hard to see the whole place or even half of it. Id like to visit the arcade more but just dont have the time.

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'm not wanting to insult anyones degree of intelligence, buy if you'd click on "new posts" when you first come on the site all the posts since your last visit (unless it was quite a while ago) will be displayed. When you finish, go to "quick Links" and click on "mark all forums read". That way you always have the new, up-to-date information, and if you need, you can always go back into the detail sections. Somethings like Hi Intensity won't display with the new displays feature..

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This place is like St. Louis Zoo. Just not enough time in one day to see it all. My go-to areas are GC, and HI. Most of the other areas go in cycles for me. Is it's catfishin' time, I visit those areas regularly, but rarely feel like I have anything new to offer except to new members. Been visiting the hunting, and gun areas lately 'cause it's hunting season.

Catfish1.com is the bomb!

16. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky

17. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    The state sites first, then the other kitty threads. Here lately I have been interested in the GC's. It's all good to me.

18. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    "New Posts" button and start browsing, its all ya need :wink:

19. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I check the Illinois section first and then Shawn's Real Estate. After that I click on "new posts".

20. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I am with you on this.