Your Favorite Section of the BOC and Why?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by stumpjumper, Jan 17, 2009.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    What's your favorite section of the BOC?

I assume that many folks, like myself, tend to only visit certain sections of the BOC on a regular basis. When I am in a hurry, I will login to check my favorite sections and log off. When I am going to stay logged in for a while, I check my favorites and then click the "new posts" link. I usually only read posts that pertain to catfishing.

My favorite section is the "member fishing reports" section. For me, it is the most interesting section simply because I enjoy reading about other members' trips. I wish that more members would post their reports in this section because I know that I miss many reports that are posted, but in different sections.

There is, however, one caveat. I absolutely love the BOC fish-offs! In fact, after participating in my first fish-off I became a much more active member. I also visit the Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina and Tennessee sections regularly.

Let us know your favorite section of the BOC.

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    My favorite section is Member World Discussion ( all 4 sections in that I read ), Computers and now Music under special topics. Until our gathering is over I will frequent the MO gathering thread, and btw that's the 3rd weekend in May for anyone around the MO area that would like to check that out. I read the special topics because that's interesting to me and I have a little knowledge ( not much) about those topics. I always like to know what is in current events around here (In the News) and of course like to add members to my prayer lists that request it. General thread has Ramblings and MANY other topics in it--like this one. I keep up the food list on the gathering thread this time and just love getting to know members from my area. The jokes I read cuz I get alot of good laughs. I also try to keep up with HI and the Religious section for inspiration and discussion and debate.

I also use the "New Posts" search and try to visit profiles and leave messages for friends and the new BOC members.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I never liked eating just one piece of pie I want the whole pie. I read it all and follow as many post as time allows. I also enjoy receiving the "Insider E-Mails". This is the place. Something for everyone's taste.

4. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Really depends on my mood. If I'm laidback - Memb. world / General con.

If I'm thinking about getting something new - There is a forum for it and I beat it to death learning what others experienced.

If I'm going on a trip - I look at that particular state.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have my BOC bookmark set to open the User CP page.

If it's not been over 24 hrs. since I've been to BOC I'll go to "New Post". Otherwise my interest is below in that order.

1. General Conversation... I like the variety of subjects.
    2. Handgun talk... Always been interested in handguns.
    3. Boating... I have a couple.
    4. Computer Shop.... Interested in computers, always looking for tips.
    5. ATV Talk...... Own one.
    6. Antique Shop..... Guess it's because I'm almost an antique.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, I was looking forward to reading some more favorites!

Come on, let us know your favorite.

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Georgia and missouri section and then gathering for ga then Member world discussion sometimes arcade to play alittle

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sorry but i can't narrow it down. I read what catches my eye first. Also read the library alot. Just last nite read a post from 05' i think it was about up grading Abu reels. Very detailed with pics. Bubba's outboard section has helped immensely. I love to hunt and of course that gets read. Heck i like it all:wink:

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I usually use the New Post option and just kinda wing it from there.

If I had to pick my favorite areas it would be it would be...

Member Fishing Reports
    The BOC Diner
    Wolfman's NASCAR pitstop

10. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Im new here and I have found that you guys are quite informative I like knowing some of my ideas are out there that far, and the new info is great ill have to go with the post. But the whole site is great

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i go to the following in order usually.
    1. arizona (i live there)
    2. california (right on it's boarder)
    3. bubba's engine repairs to learn
    4. for laughs now,
    A. members jokes
    B. intense forum
    then if something catches my eye.
    gary

12. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i dont have a favorite i just wander through all threads trying to learn as much as i can, just have fun, or help somebody out with what little advice i have.

13. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Server stats shows that the, "New Posts" Query gets beat the hardest by a very long shot for members.

visitors land wherever the search engines bring them.

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, I know I do my share of hammerin on the new post button....lol

15. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    From a quick glance at logs, "Not eye balled long", if you don't use the New Posts feature for traveling you are in a small minority under 5%.

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hit the hunting section first,Then its general conversation,Gotta have my Rambling"s and over the hill gang Fix,Then Diner,HI Religion,Then just wander and check things out.

17. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Depends on what im trying to learn that week, I like doing research and finding out what other people like to use for what,,,:roll_eyes:
    spend a lot of time in the new MUSIC section right now ,
    Tackle for me is always a good one,,
    Members reports to see who is out-fishing me,,:smile2:

Then make the rounds,,
    Gatherings
    Georgia
    Tenn.
    then off to General,

Great Thread Marc..:wink:
    Puddle

18. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I like to look at Georgia, Ohio, and SC pages.....but usually start off with a newpost hit.........but my alltime favorite is westpoint gathering 09'......westpoint paul sure does BS alot in there...we're gonna have a good' ol time in April!

19. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i usually hit the pennsylvania section first and see whats goin on locally then i see whats new in the flathead section and then i jump around to what ever catches my eye, it seems like i'm in all the sections before the nite is over

20. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That's interesting, so the new posts feature is used by most everyone. Thanks for the information.

I should also say that I am also enjoying the Georgia West Point Gathering thread as well. Looking forward to meeting some more members for sure.