Your favorite rig

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    What is your preferred rig? Slip float, slip sinker, paternoster, threeway, bottom bouncer, maybe something that we've never seen the likes of. Please share.

I was once a die hard slip sinker man. IMO it's simply an awesome rig for bank fishing. I have had much less success with it since I moved to the boat. I have had much more success with the slip float. A rig that I've never really like, so I never really got profecient with it. But, if it puts fish on the table, I'm probably going to change my mind pretty quickly :tounge_out:.

Jon

2. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    on areas where i know i won't snag i'll go with a slip sinker, but if i'm fishing over structure, i use a slip float and put the bait right on top of the structure... the tricks for slip floats are: if the float just starts moving on its own across the water (more than your bait or current can move it) then set the hook, if the float goes under, set the hook... the advantage of a slip float over structure, is that u can cast it out past the structure and then sneak it up to the structure or a hole or whatever where a cat might be sitting.

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    my go to rig is a fish finder rig which is a variation of the slip sinker rig i rarely use a leader as long as the one in the attachment.

Attached Files:

4. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The fish finder rig is exactly what I use. The only change I make is to tie the sinker to the slide with a light mono, so when I snag and have to break the line, I only give up the sinker. I usually fish at the dam, so I always get snagged.

5. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I alway use slip sinker.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Mark,

That's the same rig that I use, but I use a No Roll Sinker with it. I just put a small Eye-bolt in the top hole of the sinker and then I clip it on to my slider rig (for my sinker)and I ready to roll. :wink:
    :0a22:

Take it easy Fellows,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

Attached Files:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bert thanks for the eye bolt idea on a no roll sinker. I like that and will try it out. Saves on carrying a lot fo different type sinkers. What size or number of screw do you buy?:lol:

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Mickey,

What I did was take a couple of my No-Rolls to the Hardware store with me, and just size it up - but I did make sure it was a "self-tapping" Eye-Bolt. That way if the Eye-Bolt is a little big, it's OK. Because you all ready have the starter hole in the sinker, and the steel of the bolt is harder than the lead of the sinker and you will make your own hole in it. :wink:
    :0a26:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    My Favorite Rigs are a Three Way Swivel Rigs or Slip Float Rig.

10. chimp

chimp New Member

State:
    iowa
    my favorite rig is the no roll sinker sinker fished right up against the cover. I have not had a lot of success with the slip bobber. When you fish this rig do you fish the bait along the bottom or at a mid level depth?

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    bert i to want to thank you for the eye bolt idea.idont have a no role mold but i just tried taking an egg sinker and flatened it with a hammer.walla a no role sinker.thanks again.

12. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Burt, the only thing I can say is "Why didn't I think of that". Great one. Now where is that hardware store.

13. Mark:
    Thanks for the idea of using a fish finder rig. I have used a three way swivel but it has caused me some problems. The fish finder rig is likely the way to go.

14. zoelife

zoelife New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This may sound pretty basic,But I will loop on 3-6/0 circle hooks minimum on my line,and at the bottom put my sinker,which for the waters I fish is usually 6oz. or so.

It is not that I fish swift waters,I just want my bait to get out FARRRRRR.:lol: as I bank fish..

I have tried using an on-line egg sinker,but find if I do,and with 3 hooks,I usually get quite a mess..

Peace and Plenty,
    Kevin