Your favorite Ohio River pool?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by wolfman, Jul 5, 2006.

Your favorite Ohio River pools?

1. Emsworth, Dashields, Montgomery

2. New Cumberland, Pike Island, Hannibal

3. Willow Island, Belleville, Racine

4. Robert C Byrd, Greenup, Meldahl

5. Markland, McAlpine, Cannelton

6. Newburgh, Uniontown, Smithland

7. #52, #53

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    What section of the Ohio river is your favorite?

New Cumberland, Pike Island and Hannibal pools are my favorite

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They are my favorite too Walt. I like the fact that if we get to much rain it all flows out at Marietta and south.

3. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have fished the Meldahl pool alot but my personal favorites are the Markland & Mcalpine pools. However I dont know much about the pools on down river.,,Abu65

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The Cincinatti Country Club pool was my favorite.Lots of BIG ones could be found lying around there and they could be caught if you used the right "Bait".Of course a lot of those females already had spawning partners but there were plenty of "Pre Spawn and Post spawn individuals also..:big_smile: :lol::eek:oooh: :smile2: :roll_eyes:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I chose Newbergh, Uniontown and Smithland. Since I fish the southern section more I have developed more confidence in these areas. This section has several good feeder creeks and smaller rivers draining into it and gives you a bigger selection :lol: on where to fish. Flatties, Blues and Channels are present.

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I don't fish the Ohio enough to know. I have fished it three times south of Marietta on a rock ledge by a small inlet creek. Bak fishing. I did pretty well. Caught my PB Flatiie, but nothing to really brag about.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Walter,
    I'm sure the pool from which I catch my first 100 pounder will become my favorite!!!...W

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I guess my favorite would be the Cannelton pool. It seems to produce bigger blues especially. The pool below Smithland is one of the worst, some think it is the best but they evidently have not traveled much . To much commercial fishing below the dam with nets everywhere. There needs to be some rules proposed to develop into a better catfishery.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I guess i like the JT Meyers Pool (uniontown dam and up) best cause i live here, LOL!!!

10. Phatdaddy

Phatdaddy New Member

State:
    ohio
    I agree with netmanjack and like the pike island pool. Its very popular with the sauger and wiper crew so night is the best time to hit it.

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    they all are good to me all of the ohio river is a good place to fish an i feel the same way as slimcat there is a lot of gill net up an down this river it would be nice for them to outlaw them all together

12. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Always been good to me...

13. MestariDesigns

MestariDesigns New Member

State:
    WV
    I fish RC Byrd and Racine pools most of the time - not because I think they are the best, but because they are close.