Your favorite love song?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, sitting here talking with the wife and my oldest daughter about love songs. Jill(the daughter) likes etta james doing "at last"...nice song, true. the wife, when she talks about me, is all about Orleans doing "Still the one"...she says that reminds me of when she met me 36 years ago:embarassed:

one of my favs is done by alive and kicking "tighter and tighter"....how can any one in love not like that one?:big_smile:

unchained melody has to be an all time favorite...what is yours?

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Love Stinks by the J. Giels band. (sp):smile2:

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My husband Buddy & I have been together since I was 14! Dated 3 1/2 yrs; married 33 yrs. The song,"This Magic Moment" by Jay & the Americans still takes me back all those years. Also, "Hooked on a Feeling" by B.J.Thomas. Both of those sum up the way I feel when I look at him....:sweat:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    used to love her, but i had to kill her. :big_smile: guns and roses.

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I like "You lost that loving feeling" I can't remember who sings it but it's a goodie.

:roll_eyes:

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Gees, I thought the "what would you have for your last meal" thread asked a difficult question, but this one seems just as hard to me. I like so MANY, hard to choose just one. I imagine I'll think of/hear somethin' else and have to come back to this thread again another day :smile2:.

I do think Etta James' "At Last" is just about the quintessential song in this category. Guess that's why it's used in so many movies.

Roxie mentioned "This Magic Moment". I like that one too, but the Drifters version is my fave. I suppose if I ever had "our song" with anyone, it was that. The ex-hubby used to sing it to me. I don't have HIM anymore, but I still enjoy the song :big_smile:!

I've got a CD called "Dancing in the Moonlight", it has some pretty cool tunes on it. "When I Need You" by Leo Sayer is good.

Also, the majority of Collin Raye's songs are love songs, and I like all of them.

Restless Heart's "I'll Still Be Lovin' You"........okay, I'm shuttin' up now :roll_eyes:.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's also The Righteous Brothers Al, as is "Unchained Melody".

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The rose by Conway Twitty ,my fav. or He stopped loving her today by George Jones ,lil different ,But love songs just the same.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    walking after midnight by patsy cline is a good one too...

roy orbison did several..pretty woman, dream baby, and his rendition of "unchained melody" was pretty decent too

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    saw him in concert - that boy rocks! :big_smile:

12. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    When I need you. Just close my eyes and I'm with you.
    Forgot that song Tanya.

I like Barry White's, "Can't Get Enough of Your Love". Just found out that it was a favorite of a 'friend'. Tanya can you guess where she's from? :smile2: She came over the other night and it played and she thought that I was playing it on purpose. It was funny. Had to have been here I guess.
    I also like from my freshman year in high school. Stevie Nicks and Don Henley's "Leather and Lace".
    But anything from Stevie Nicks is ok with me!

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    and then there is meatloafs "paradise by the dashboard lights" :wink::smile2:

14. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    OK, IMO, that's the best one mentioned yet!!!:wink:

15. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
  16. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I thought I posted this but I don't see it.
    Easy Lovin by Freddy Hart,
    is one of the best old country songs ever,,,IMO

17. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    He stopped loving her today by George Jones

18. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    "Hard to be Humble" - Mac Davis:wink:

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    MY WAY by Frank Sinatra!!!!!:wink:WHich is probably why I'm not married!!!!!:big_smile::smile2:OOOOPs sorry Phil you said love songs not "In love with yourself songs":crazy::roll_eyes:I had a particular fondness for "I am that man" which I think was Brooks and Dunn but I'm not sure.On the other hand 'I aint that lonely yet" by Dwight Yokum is my favorite summation of the male condition!!!!!:smile2::big_smile:I picked it to be CMSOTY the first time I heard it.HAHAHAHAHA ON the other hand Phil why would your wife even WANT to be reminded of you after 36 years.Perhaps 96 tears would be better for her!!!!:roll_eyes::big_smile::wink:

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    One that Dolly Parton sang a long time ago is "I will always love you".
    That was one of my mothers favorites.