Your favorite fishing knot!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by vince, Jan 11, 2007.

1. vince

vince New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Please share with us your favorite fishing knott and why?

Sometimes in a setup we have three major knotts that we have to tie..
    The line to the 3-way
    the 3-way to the line
    the line to the hook
    Thats alot of worry did i tie it right when you have a big one on..

let me in on your secrets?

thanks vince

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    A simple cinch knot for me, at least 8 spins before I make the loop and finish it off!

Kenny

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Vince,
    I love to use the "Palomar Knot" - "yea" - give me a knot that I can tie in the dark.
    LoL:happy:
    But when I,m Fishing with a live bait, on a sliding sinker set up, I like to ues a "Senll Knot" or a "Clinch Knot".
    :0a22:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    When using this rig I don't use a swivel, so there is only one knot I have to worry with and that is the dropper loop. The knot i use for this is mostly the surgeon's loop. Tie the sinker on the end of the line (any knot you want there) then move up 18 inches to 2 foot(or how ever far you want) tie the surgeons loop, put loop through eye of hook, pass hook through loop then wrap line around hook shank 5 or 6 times like you do when snelling and pull tight. Remember to wet line before pulling any knot tight.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use a three way swivel, but I tie it on with a palomar knot. thats the only knot I use.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I got ten thumbs and poor eyesite...I started tying a simple overhand knot at the end of my line and pulling it tight, trimming, and then tying my others. Keeps it from pulling thru if ya missed a turn or two.....ole fart tip.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i use a common cinch knot and sometimes a dropper/loop

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I prefer the Palomar Knot because it hold good and I can tie it with my eyes closed or in the dark. I sometimes use a snell also. Keep it Simple if it works.:big_smile:

9. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I learned to tie a uni knot last year and I have been using it ever since. Its also easy for tired eyes and hands.

10. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
    Mainly the grinner-knot. You call it the uni-knot I think. Easy to tie and retains a lot of the original line strength. There are no doubt better but the grinner/uni works for me, plus I can tie it in my sleep. A well-tied mediocre knot will outperform a badly tied wonder-knot every time if you ask me! Of course I could always practice a wonder knot, but I never get the time (and I don't know any)...too busy fishing!! LOL

11. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Palomar knot here !!!!:cool2:

12. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Use the palomar knot for most of my terminal tackle, but I do use several additional knots when needed.

13. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    I go with the Polomar (sp?)

Easy to tie and has god strength

14. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Slip Knot for EVERYTHING they cant come undone.. and are almost physically impossible to break/snap.. my uncle caught a 65+ flattie on one.. i LOVE em.. use em for everything... go 6-8 turns/twist... u will be amazed on the pressure they hold... trim off the excess down to about 3/8 in.. wet ur line b4 u pull the knot taut.

15. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Improved clinch for lighter lines, the Uni for heavier lines. I've tried the Palomar and, believe it or not, I find it a more difficult knot and more time consuming than either the clinch or Uni.

16. coldgold

coldgold New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use the same thing as grizz, except i just pull the loop down onto the hook,
    i dont quite understand the wraping the line around the shank before pulling it tight thing,,, just tried it, couldnt figure it out,
    i guess i neen a pic,,, im from missouri u know,, the show me state.

Also what i do is crimp the line(make a week spot in it) right above the weight, so when it gets hung it breaks there, just tie on another weight and go.
    then if the line gets too short between the weight and the hook , just tie another looper up on the line, clip the old one off right next to the line..

I get hung up alot, I fish the mississippi river in alot of rip rap

Fast and simple for me

17. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    i'm all about the palomar. its pretty much all i use.

18. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i always put my weight in a surgeons loop when useing a 3 way dropper rig and use the uni snell(thanks for the video) to tie my hooks with.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    My favorite is the Bimini twist.

I have no use for it, but I am proud I learned how to tie one!!! :big_smile:

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    My favorite fishing knot is the DIVORCE knot.Once I untied that one I can go fishing any time I want and it doesnt matter what knots I use on my Lines!!!!!:tounge_out: :cool2: :big_smile: :lol: CORN where the heck you been buddy?Long time no see.Good to have you back though.:big_smile: