Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Waylon from Osage County, Oklahoma
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like probably most of you have had a bunch of 22 rifles in my life, a few good ones were my old marlin 39a that I should have kept, had a particular Ruger 10/22 that was a good'un above average, my daughters cricket single shot which was her first gun, a host of model 60's that just worked but as much as it hurts me to admit this my Norinco JW 15 is my favorite. It's a 馃嚚馃嚦 copy of a cz 452 which of course is a copy of the Brno #2 & it's is beyond accurate. I have brought home many a $20 bill with it outshooting lot's of expensive target.22's at our range here. It's got a 1lb trigger so it's not for kids but it's just one of those guns you can't miss with. It's a $100 Pawn shop meat gitter and my favorite .22 of all time I will eventually put a better scope on it but not until the old cheap-o Simmons quits

What's your favorite .22?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She don't look like much & I almost passed her up for another model 60 the day I saw it & I'm sure glad I didn't. A few passes of JB's down the tube & it's been responsible for the deaths of enough small game & varmints to fill Noah's Ark twice over
Air gun Machine gun Wood Trigger Shotgun

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a norinco years ago, I think, that was a copycat of a browning. Fine lightweight squirrel and raccoon gun. Burned up in a house fire
Was it the one where the tube goes in the side of the stock?

Premium Member
Winchester 67A with a Weaver J4 3/4鈥 scope. A wonderful little rifle that I鈥檝e shot a unbelievable number of rounds thru. It loved CIL ammo that I bought from the local Western Auto store. Later it graduated to Remington Yellow Jacket ammo. Those were the most destructive rimfire bullets I have ever seen. Turn a rat inside out at 100 yards. It is sitting in the safe right now with almost all the blue worn off, the barrel shot out and the stock beat to death. I鈥檓 thinking about giving the old girl a good fixing up before I turn it over to my grandson.

Registered
Steve from Mississippi
That Norinco is a copy of the Browning auto 22. I had one and broke it somehow puttin it together the first time. Mine was the take down model. The forearm twisted right off it. got a 10/22 to replace it. But my favorite is a Ruger 77/22 Varmint. That thing will shoot literally one hole 10 shot groups with CCI Green Tag at 50yds. They are not even ragged. Looks like the paper was shot with one bullet. I have taken squirrels with head shots out to 125yds easily with that gun. Can't buy it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That Norinco is a copy of the Browning auto 22. I had one and broke it somehow puttin it together the first time. Mine was the take down model. The forearm twisted right off it. got a 10/22 to replace it. But my favorite is a Ruger 77/22 Varmint. That thing will shoot literally one hole 10 shot groups with CCI Green Tag at 50yds. They are not even ragged. Looks like the paper was shot with one bullet. I have taken squirrels with head shots out to 125yds easily with that gun. Can't buy it!
Those are probably the nicest.22 rifles I've ever seen, a buddy bought one years ago to match his m77 deer rifle

Registered
Aaron from Indiana
Surprisingly, even to me, I've only owned one .22 my whole life. A Ruger 10/22 that I've had for 40 years now, still completely stock. Beautiful checkered walnut stock and blued barrel. Accurate enough to be a squirrel's nightmare, but I do want to buy a CZ bolt action .22 some day, equip it with a suppressor and have a stealth squirrel sniper rifle.

Registered
I've got a Savage B22 BNS-SR and a Ruger American Rimfire Go Wild. Both guns is very accurate and with good ammo will shoot 10 shot groups at 50 a dime will just about cover. The Savage is too pretty to beat up so the Ruger gets used more. That little Ruger is all I use for the wilds hogs at my feeders.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Agricultural machinery

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Soil Working animal

Registered
I thought I'd toss in here, the .22 that evokes the fondest memories was a Savage .22/.410 over/under single shot I was given as my first gun when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I think it was specially designed for youth as it had a short stock and barrels.
I laid many squirrels and cottontails in the shade with that dude. I rarely shot the shotgun barrel as all I could afford was .22 shorts. :)

Edit: Originally said Savage but could be Stevens-sketchy memory

Premium Member
Hard to pin down a favorite, the one I use most now is a CZ 452, if were starving the last one I would sell is a Winchester 62 passed down from Dad, the one I was ever most proud of even though not a very high-quality firearm was my first .22 a Winchester mod. 290 deluxe, the one I plan on becoming an heirloom passing from me to my son to his, a Marlin 39A and the one I just enjoy shooting the most is a S&W K-22. As for the other dozen or so in the safes I will keep them till I pass, some with the names of kids and grandkids on the trigger tags the others for my wife to do as she pleases with.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts