Your dream hunt

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by blindfly69, Jul 19, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If you could go on a trip to anywhere for anything what location and species would you pick to hunt? i think i would love to get beat up in alaska hunting for caribou.....i think it would be hard but its still would be cool cuz they have the highest success rate of any big game hunt

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd love to be able to go to Africa and hunt all of the big 5.

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would love to bear hunt up in Canada or I would love to hunt elk in New Mexico.Those would be my dream hunts.

4. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i watched under wild skies africa last night and they were crocodile huntin....they had to shoot it 12 times.......

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    After going to Colorado several times, I went with my older brother and a friend of ours several years ago. We didn't kill a thing, but they both are in bad heath now, Mark with lung problems, and Jack with canser, one more trip with those two is all a man could ever ask for. I have 2 sons that are not interested in going right now, and the trips with these guys are the dream trips I'll remember for ever!

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i would love to go to alaska, period. i don't know why. i have just always wanted to go. so, i would be up to hunting just about any species.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Id like to go out west on an Elk or mule deer hunt by horse back and pitching camp in the mountains.

8. brian

brian New Member

State:
    minneasota
    I would love to chase game all over this country and some day I wil, but for know I am happy huntting right here with my wife and my little girl Happy huntting and my freezers be full

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would like to go hunting period. I have never been so I dont know the first thing about it from a personal stand point. I watch the hunting shows on T.V. and wonder what it would be like. I guess if I had to pick one though, I would choose a pig hunt...

10. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Cape Buffalo in Tanzania. I'd love to hunt leopard too, but my first choice if I ever get to go, will be Cape Buff.

If you haven't read 'Death in the Long Grass' by Peter Hathaway Capstick, DO!

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like an interesting read...I have some idea but can give a brief synopsis?

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hard choice....either out west for an elk hunt, or to the YO ranch for an exotic hunt--either Blackbuck Antelope(I've already gotten 1 at a smaller Tx ranch) or Axis deer. Not sure about going to Africa; too much big game over there could "turn the tables" & start hunting YOU!

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    my dream hunt would be in canada for whitetails on a huge farm that has never been hunted and i would have to pass up 200 class bucks just to get a big one.:big_smile:

14. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I think my dream hunt is coming this year. I don't normally target deer for their antlers, but I have a friend named Rob that is in Iraq right now. He gets back the 3rd week in September. We're gonna hunt in Illinois with ChuckB in November. Chuck was kind enough to invite us so I thought of my friend Rob. Rob is an avid hunter and a good friend. I hope he's successful. I'd be happy to just be in a place to watch him get his dream buck if that's in the cards. Either way, we're gonna have fun. Thanks Chuck for helping me with this.

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Id have to say one of those mountain goats or rams whatever they are called out west.

16. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    The Playboy Mansion...........

By far..........

:smile2: :smile2:

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Can I change my hunt?:lol:

18. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sorry....thought of another one. I think if I could just pick one, it'd be for a Bighorn Sheep. I think they're such good-looking animals. (Not sure if they're good to eat, though. Would be a waste, if they're not.)
    By the way, Blackbuck meat is really good....

19. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Clif, Is moose meat good? Sounds like you got a good one! I'll bet that was a blast!

20. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    This sure is a great reply to this post brother.To think of your friend named Rob.I hope both of score on a big buck.

Ace

:cat: