Your Collectibles

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    What are some of the items you have cillected over time? I tried to collect girl friends one time then I got married and my wife stopped that. My wife has a large collection of Angels. This thread is not limited to fishing items.

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    my first wife collected angels and coffee mugs and salt n pepper shakers i gave most of it to the kids when she passed away now i just collect junk no i like to collect old silver dollars and old 2 dollar bills and zippo lighters, knives , dont have many but i got a good start

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I have a large collection of sports cards, I havent bought a pack of cards in probably 15yrs. Most are from the 70's-early 90's some date back to the late 50's. I would say i have around 10,000 cards

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We collect shot glasses from all over. I have collected old baitcasting reels for years. Both of my Grandfathers had old time baitcasting reels and that got me started.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I still have some belt buckles I used to collect. Now all I collect is dust...:smile2:

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I collect ballcaps!:smile2::smile2:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I collect guns,and shot glasses,the shotglasses I look for most are antique vintage ones. had a bunch till my wife got her sleeve hung on the shelf and ...... well it was an accident,I forgave her but I don't think she forgave herself .:wink: She collects cherished teddies,small porcelin bears.

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I collected and still have my old basketball tradeing cards. From the 50,60,70,80s. Got some real nice ones. Also have about 1000 different Micheal Jordan cards locked in a saftey/fire box. I cant do much collecting now. I seem to get obcessed with it. Not a good time right now when money is tight. I guess I collect fishing poles too, lol. I got twelve at the present time. I put them in rotation and use them all.

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    the main thing i collect is old bait casters and a few old rods my fave thing in my collection is a old bamboo fly rod i also collect old diets lanterns and colmen lanterns

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Over the years I've collected coins, paint stiring sticks, coffee cups, probably some other things in the past. I really liked coffee cups, until I had to cut down on coffee, I was starting a beer mug/glass collection but my wife kinda made me stop that.

11. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i collect sports cards pez candy dispensors and hot wheels have several thousand cards dating back to the 70's but mostly newer stuff however as far as the pez and hot wheels go the newest i have is 90's oldest is back in the 50s and 60s

12. littlejomojo

littlejomojo New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i collect memories-- everything else needs to be maintained/stored/moved all of which leaves less time to fish

13. fishjunkie

fishjunkie New Member

State:
    montana
    for me it is fishing pole rescue i find them in the trash yard sales where ever have a lot of old ones johnny walker and so on

14. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I have one of the largest SPEAS Vinegar collection known. Lots of rare jars and paper material. Wife has over 500 painted label milk bottles she is in love with. I couldnt find anymore speas vinegar items. So I started collecting No Deposit No Return soda bottles. Banking on them being worth something in years to come since everyone threw them away. I have some high dollar ones all ready. Along with my 1/2 gallon Casper Whiskey jug.

Heres a link to some of my No Deposit No Return soda bottles http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/throwaway/BOTTLEORDER.html

Teddy

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    On the old board there was a big arse section on em with pics. I just may have to do a search. :wink:

16. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    WOW im amazed, never really realized those bottles were collected. mustu been around 1969-70 era ? i was weaned on no deposit-no return 8 packs of PABST BLUE RIBBON. MAN THAT STUFF WAS GOOD, alot better than todays aluminum cans or plastic bottles.:big_smile::cool2:

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I collect cardboard,you know them big bales you see out behind Wal-mart and Target stores,weigh about 600 pounds each,I have several of them babys out behind the garage,I don't know what there worth but I'm not cashing them suckers in, cause I'm leaving them to the Grandkids in my will.I know folks I'm just one hell of a Grandpaw.J.D.

18. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    In the 70' and 80's I collected limited edition prints that I would buy for $25 to $50 each. Now some of those are worth a couple thousand dollars each. I also have the 75 anniversary edition of the Lionel train set in it's original box. Over the years my kin folks have given me a collection of old pistols, such as the Lemon Squeezer (five of these, three with pearl handles), four shot Derringers, old shotguns, etc.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  19. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I collect old fishing lures, for some reason they amaze me. I also, have some other assorted old fishing tackle, like the old green tackle box my grandfather had, I found one of those at a garage sale, and an old baitcaster with the orginal solid fiber glass pole.

I also collect old coins, and I have about 20,000 baseball cards.

The wife collects porcelan cats, last count she had over 300, then she also collected shot glasses we have tons of those.....

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Right after we married I started saving all Buffalo nickles and silver dollars I came across. They were still common back then. After about 25 years I had collected several full fruit jars of them. Then while we were gone on vacation couple kids broke into our house. They cashed the coins in for face valve. Lost interest in collecting.