Your Christmas Season Spending

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Do you plan on spending more, less, or about the same during this Christmas season?

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    last year i spent about 1500-1700 this year its more like 2-400 :sad2:

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Going to be quite a lot more this year. We're doing something special for our family.

How about you Mickey?

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    We are going to spend less on the kids...(old).... and now that I am retired, we will be camping more.. so the RV costs will go up per month.

Got a family cruise at Easter time, and so that is where the Xmas $$ have gone.:wink:

Merry Xmas to everyone on the BOC...Gilmafam

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Probably a little more this year. But Momma is pretty good about Christmas. She usually buys gifts all year and puts back. That way it don't hit so hard all at once.

"Merry Christmas" everyone

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  6. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    well my mom says she isnt spending as much this year...and not getting as much...so far she has got a bunch of stuff whil i am with her and more than she ever has for me and it is expensive this yer

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife and I got new recliners , just before Thanksgiving,,then she suckered me into getting this giant stand up deal for jewelry,,, we have spent all we are going to spend,,,lol

Anyway at our age,,, when we want something,, we go out and get it,,, none of this ,,"I hope I get it for Christmas stuff" , so we are hard to buy for,,,

Anytime I get my wife something I think she wants,,,, it never gets used,,,,

It's the same with me,, a few years ago she got me some program that lets you talk to your computer and it types it,,, I have never even opened the box,,, and I know she paid good money for that technology a few years ago.. I'm not going to talk to this darn thing, and have eveyone think I'm crazy...lol

8. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    No bling for the wife this year so it will be a lot less. I made new catfish rods for son, son-in-law, daughter and grandsons. All year long I bought new tackle off EBay so they all will get a box of terminal tackle. Wife wants a new recliner so I will get that for her. Earlier in the year I got new reels and all the blanks and components to build me 5 new catfish rods. Christmas tree will look like a sporting good store this year.

9. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    More. I had a budget set per person, went over by $20 dollars each at least. Decided to get some extra friends a gift as well, which added, and a new niece in the family added another person.

I tried to get other people to set up a wish list at Amazon, or email me a list of stuff they would like. Nobody did of course. I did the Amazon wish list thing, and although I wasn't supposed to, I peeked, and everything I put on there was purchased. This is going to be a very merry Christmas in our family.

10. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
  11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I think we will spend about the same as last year. On the 2 kids we will spend about $400 total. The wife and I spend about $50 on each other as well.

The rest of the family gets cards, that's how we all do it. The closest family I have is in Florida and New York so we spend a lot of time on the phone,,,thats about it. Unfortunately money is tight so we take care of our own.

We also spend around $50 for updating decorations when needed, then our only other expense is eating........and we eat good.

We are a very tight family and my kids aint spoiled....as long as we are together and the kids get a few things, we are as happy as can be.

Oh and last but not least we will give to the Church and a few other charities ; )

-Jim-

12. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Definitely less. I gave the credit cards the heave ho and will be paying cash for everything from now on. My kids will never tell me anything they might want, so I usually get them clothes or something I know they can use and at least one fun gift. They aren't spoiled by any means and really do seem to know the value of a buck.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    We spend about the same each year on the family. This year will be no different. Each year we find someone in the area that is having a hard time and we buy for them a surprise Christmas. This year we have located a family that has their work hours reduced by a lot, and they are trying to live off the land. They have a boy that is eight and a girl that is ten. We have purchased clothes and gifts for them. This is the biggest blessing one can get at Christmas. Giving to someone in need.

14. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Around here i,m hopeing we spend a lot less this year,my wife can go crazy this time of year ,but i think i have her toned down a lot this year ,well i hope so anyhow :wink:

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well,lemme check the balance in my checkbook.:wink: uh,no I wont be spending more ,Most likely about the same,maybe even less. I only have my daughter ,son,and two granddaughters to buy for,I dont buy anything for the wife,and I hope she dont get me nothin either.:confused2:

16. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Probably a little more because prices keep going up. My wife and I are going to adopt a family for Xmas again this year and the grands each get cash (they do a better job of shopping than I do, and they get what they want). Kids and spouses take pot luck:smile2::smile2: Blings seem to make Swee Pea happy, but I'm running out of ideas:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: I'll settle for a bed in the poor house.:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and Happy Holidays to one and all!!!:wink:

17. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Around my house at Christmas time, there is one rule....no gifts for the grown ups....not that I am scrooge, I just feel that Christmas is for the kids, and spending money on grown ups, takes away what you could give the kids. I never got much growing up, so I want the kids to have a better Christmas than I ever did.

This year we are spending less, mainly because the 3 smaller girls in my family have no room for new toys....and my wife says, "I am not buying anything new, until they play with the toys we got em last year". They each wanted an "IPOT" or as we now them "IPODs" for Christmas, so they are getting that and few odds and ends....

I usually get my wife something for Christmas/Anneversary/Birthday all in one shot, this year I bought her a new camera....just makes things simpler for me....:smile2:.

18. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    We will probably spend about the same this year. Most of it goes to the kids, step grand kids, my daughter, and a couple of nieces. My wife and I don't normally spend a whole lot on each other.

19. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    We spend around 4 to 5 thousand every year , the wife shops all year up until christmas and starts shopping the day after christmas .

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Be about the same for us this year. We have had a set amount and have stuck with it for years. Have 9 grandkids and that is where most of it goes. The wife and I usually buy something we both want. Think it will be another gun safe this year.