Your childhood fishing pics...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bnewsom71, Sep 19, 2008.

1. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I stumbled across don3778's thread about fishing memories and it got me to thinking about fishing in general when I was a kid. So I thought it would be pretty cool to dig up some old photos. So, lets dig out those old childhood photos and share them with your BOC brothers and sisters. Some friendly ribbing is allowed! And please post your pics so I don't look like a COMPLETE fool (as if my pics aren't obvious that I am). My pics are all of me holding a fish that I caught when fishing with my grandpa in a drainage ditch that ran through his property. the dog in the first pic is Sheba, she loved to fish with me and she would just sit there right beside me the entire time. Like she was making sure I was staying out of trouble or something. Anywho, lets see them folks!!

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Brian, if I can figure out how to get my photos on here I will. I've got some pretty cool pictures and also pictures where I got put in newspapers for fishing. I gotta go to Wal-Mart I guess and get them put on a disk....I aint to Pc bright.

-Jim-

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'm like Jim...clueless as to how to post those old pics, but great thread, and neat pictures!

4. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Dave and Jim, ask around and see if anyone you know has a scanner. That is the easiest and cheapest way that I know of to get them on the computer. Good luck and hope to see them pics!

5. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Well I will tell ya what I've figured out so far.

Take a few hundred photos and bring them to the camera/photo section at Wal-Mart

They have photograph scanners that put the photos on a disc for ya. I haven't done it yet but the employees were more than willing to do it for me when I bring my photos. I was told it cost $3.00 to take a few hundred photos and have them put on the disk.

I brought only a few photos with me but found out that the disc holds a ton of pictures. So now I'm gonna bring a bunch of them. I honestly think it's a good idea to do it. Having back up photos on a disc is really smart...and for only $3.

G'luck, LOL.

Ps I tryed to find someone with a scanner but no luck.

-Jim-

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I sure wish I had some pics of from back in the day...but alas I do not. :confused2:

Cool thread topic.:smile2:

7. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I can't hardly believe that no one else is going to post a childhood fishing pic! I hope I am not the only one willing to embarass themselves!:embarassed:

8. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Sorry, I would like to but it's been hard to even spare $3 to do it . The cost of raising a family and being disabled atm is difficult. It was like pulling teeth to get$5.25 out of the wife for the BoC fall fish off, LOL.

-Jim-

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Neat pics Brian! And a GREAT thread.

For myself, there wasn't a hand full of pictures taken of me before I went in the service at 17. I guess everybody was ashamed of me. :smile2:

Here's one of my daughter in 1976, she had been trout fishing in Colorado. We were camped at a Rockie Mountain lake.

Attached Files:

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i wish i had some of myself that would be cool but thear never was any taken of me fishing Brian you was a cute kid but i see you got over it lol good post i hope you are not the only one i love old pics reps to ya for a good thread

11. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I got over it REALLY quick!:smile2:

12. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Nice catch! Looks to me like she was pretty happy about catching them also! Thanks for posting the pic Dayton!