Your catfishing set up

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CBH, Aug 18, 2006.

1. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    To help get the creative ideas flowing, I thought it would be interesting to see how others set up to fish from boats or bank. Here's the back end of my boat. I usually just slide the front end up on the shore somewhere, then toss the baits out in a half circle pattern around me.

Attached Files:

2. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have rod holders all the way around my boat (14 in all). I ussually anchor parrallel with the bank within casting range, but not much closer than that. I'll have most of my rods towards the bank normally, and a few in deeper water. This way if the rods in the deep water start hittin I can move rods without moving the boat.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Looks Perty darn good to me Sir. The only thing that I noticed is there could be a little More Catfish Slime Smeared around hear and there Totaly to clean and organized LOL. Your Friend from Iowa(Idiots out wandering around) J.D.Straka :big_smile:

4. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    You know i've never understood the whole all the rod holders out of the back of the boat thing... In my little jon i have a rod holder base (to hold the rod holders) every 2 feet along the rail the whole way around.... that way there is enough room between the holders and also so that they are all( or could be) in a different position. In my canoe its pretty much the same thing except i have 2 in front of every seat position and on on either end so if i wanted to set up a big fish rod it'd be in a spot where i can make it pull down against the entire boat and not just try tipping the boat over like the side ones.

The way i plan on setting up my large boat (15ft trihull) once its finished all the renovations it needs, is with that "traditional" bar across the back with a few holders on it... ones on the back corners but also BeeReady's all around the boat with some more of the same holders i'm using on my canoe and jon skattered in (or atleast the holders for them all around) just so i have some other options for setting up the lines once i'm over my spot.

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish 4 or 6 rods from the back of the boat mostly because the large rivers I fish in require anchoring in an inline manner to remain safe. I do have rod holder bases in different places and can move a rod holder at the drop of a hat but I find I have more moving around space when fishing from the back.

6. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    I am in the same situation as FishMan which I'm sure we fish the same waters, The Cumberland River. All of my rod holders are at the rear of the boat due to the fact that at times the current can really get moving fast. Even on slow current days the lines still move to the back of the boat. I have 6 rod holders that the lines can be out to the far left to the far right, but still end up in the rear anyways, but it still gives me different ranges at different depths. At times though I wish I had some rod holders up front and sides just to add to the mix.
    TNBIGCAT

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thats about how I do it. The boats not mine so I don't get to watch 6 rods, but thats ok since I only have 3 cat combos.

8. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Im in a bass boat so I bought A rod holder from cabelas that screws into my pedestal hole in the back to hold four rods ( multi directional - two outers facing sides of boat , two inners facing back-left and back-right) It's not ideal but its functional and organized, I haven't seemed to have any problems with thus far...

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont fish a boat.. just bank fishing for me.. cause all i need is my rods and bait. and my three rod holders and my tackle and im set

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have rod holders at the back and down the sides. In most cases I anchor with the back to the shore/bow to the middle of the lake. This takes boat wake much better, but sometimes you have to modify that in heavy wind.

There are ten rod holders on my boat, but I seldom use more than eight.

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Fish from the Bank , and catch plenty.
    cut bait 98% of the time for channels,and Blues.
    live bluegills for Flatheads.

My setups are pictured below
    2 ,custom built 8'2" 2 Pc rods with ,Daiwa 253 A Millionaire CVZ ON one and the 300 A Millionaire CVZ on the other.

1 ,7' fenwick SeaHawk Offshore Md Hvy.
    topped with a Ambassadeur Morrum 7700CL

1 ,8' night hawk /ABU Morrum 6500

2 .9' EagleClaw rods , with ABU 5600S.
    along with a few ather ABUs.

Attached Files: