Your bow of choice?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Catmaster, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    What Kind of bow does everyone use for deer season? What Do you think of the bow you are shooting?
    I just bought a PSE Fireflight and I am realy excited to take it up in the stand with me this year.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I shot a PSE Carroll Intruder for years. Now i'm shooting a Hoyt but still believe PSE stands for "pig stikin equip."

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    My preferance is a Horton 225 crossbow ripping the bolts out at a sizzling 345 ft/second. I know I stepped in a pile of doo-doo with that statement... but it's legal for me touse one in Oklahoma with a special permit for the disabled that cannot draw a standard bow.

Some would say that it gives me a great advantage over a bowhunter using hand drawn bow. I guess it does.

My disability reduces my ability to walk far and virtually eliminates the ability to climb into a tree stand or even up a long hill. I must hunt near the parking area and from the ground. Generally I will beach my boat near my hunting area and set up a ground blind nearby.

In spite of my disability, I manage to kill my share of deer every year using legal weapons. The skill is not in the choice of weapon... but in the ability to get close enough to the deer to kill it cleanly.

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Hoyt man here!! I shoot a Hoyt Trykon!!:wink:

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Mathews Outback for the past couple years....Nice shootin bow....

Good Huntin

mike

6. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    i shoot the mathews switchback,it is an incredible bow.

7. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    I shoot a bowtech allegience

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Still have my old reliable Pearson competition Spoiler. Harvested my bear and I dont know how many deer and turkeys with it and shot it in 3-d's for years. I also have a Pearson Striker, newer and smoother but just hate to put ol reliable down....
    Have owned several others for 3-d's Jennings, High Country, and PSE.

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    HOYT
    MAGNATEC
    REDLINE CAM
    ITS A REAL DREAM TO SHOOT

10. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well i had a bear whitetail 2 but i let my cousin take it to get it fixed for me and that was the last i seen of it:angry: i need to go get it back from him before deer season starts

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Mathews Outback. Had a Martin for a long time it was a sweet shooting bow.

12. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I shoot a PSE rattler crossbow, I'm in the same boat as TKISHKAPE. The crossbow does make is some easier. Later Andy

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i just got a fred bear truth for my birthday and i plan on shootin a trophy with it this year :cool2:

14. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I shoot a Ross Cardiac set at 65lbs.
    Very fast, very quiet and smooth to draw! :big_smile:

15. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    an old old old old old old old old old martin compound, i got it on an archeological dig at an old cavemen camp. but im gettin a fred bear truth for x-mas. cant wait.:big_smile:

16. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I shoot a Hoyt Raptor Intruder. I bought it in 97 and it still shoots great.

17. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I shoot a High Country Ultra Force and I wouldnt sell it for nottin. I shot a ProLine point Blank before my Hight Country.and it was a great bow but at that time I lost my proLine in a fire at my local archery shop gettin new limbs and I had a hek of a time getting a bow out of them. they ended up one year later sending a check but a month or so went by after their fire I decided I couldent wait on them anymore and at the time High Country was like the Mathews bows today they were the top of the line and like most of us I just had to have it. boy I hated that sell price but man it has well turned out to be worth it.

18. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Hoyt trycon here. or my old trusty browning nitro ex.

19. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i like the ones that shooy arrows:smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I shoot mid 60's Bear Grizzly Recurves. The one I hunt with the most is a 55# Grizzly I paid $12 for in 1975.