Your bow of choice PART 2

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Believer, Sep 16, 2007.

Bow Of Choice

1. Ross

2. Matthews

3. Hoyt

4. Bear

5. Darton

6. AR

7. Parker

8. PSE

9. BowTech

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm not really asking what you shoot, but what you would shoot IF you could shoot anything you wanted....

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I have a Reflex and a Mathews, but the Mathews will get all the time in the field this year. The quality of the bow is unbeatable!

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    The Reflex is made by Hoyt right? Which Matthews do you own?

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I shoot a Hoyt Trykon. I have it all outfitted with the Fuse vibration dampening accessories. It is one of the smoothest bows I have ever shot, and I've owned several. If I had my choice to shoot another brand, it would have to be a bowtech. They are pretty sweet bows too.:wink:

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Bowtech makes a nice bow, but that Guardian is just plain UGLY! :wink:

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen

Yes, Reflex is owned by Hoyt. I've got the Express model, which is about nine years old. Still faster than most bows on the market today. My Mathews is the Outback model, I've had it for three years, but never taken anything with it.

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Good luck getting one with it this year!
    I'm hoping to get one or 10 with my new Ross, Cardiac! :smile2:
    BTW are you in the big buck contest?

8. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I love my mathews i shoot a switchback ld. Really like the new drenaline but the dont make it for lond draw lenth boys:embarassed: Good luck everyone this year

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I use the Mathews Outback I am happy with it. I hmmed and hawwed between Mathews and Hoyt..but the Mathews just felt better to me...they are equal as far as performance. I have no regrets, killed 2 whitetails, 2 hogs and a sika deer with it so far....good shootin bow..

Good Huntin
    mike

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I just bought a Pearson FPS2000... Now all I gotta do is get the accessories for it and find some deer.. Hopefully it will start cooling down soon..

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm not familiar with that one. I hope you have a great season!:big_smile:

12. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    i shoot the mathews switchback,awsome bow it is the bow i chose it was expensive but worth it

13. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Bowtech for me, I have bought a new one the last 3 years in a row and will be selling my 07 to get an 08. They just get better and better, any body want a 07 Tribute at a insane price...PM me. I'll give the BOC discount:big_smile:

14. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

I shoot a martin slayer 06 model and its the nicest shooting bow ive shot and ive shot em all!!! the best part about it is its faster than any bow that matthews,hoyt, and its half the price im a staff shooter for pine grove archery in michigan i got a special deal on my bow 350$ ou the door but to public the bow will run 450-500$ at most, in hunting setup 417 grain arrow with broad head at 63lbs im getting 319ft per second ive yet to see a faster bow under 65 lbs in hunting setup. when setup for 3-d shoots 328 f.p.s through a brand new chronograph its very shootable to its not just a speed bow. and martin actually stands behind there products i dropped a bow out of a stand at a 3d shoot broke the top limb in half told martin the truth and they next day aired me a set of limbs with NO CHARGE!!!!! my buddy tom had a matthews swith back explode on him at full draw he was out of a bow for 6 weeks wouldnt even ship him a loner bow for the season so i really dont see what the fuss is about the whole matthews bow is if i had to shoot anything other than my slayer id shoot a bow tech but ive heard terrible things about there new cam system lots of cam lean after 1000 shots and there not to good about warrenty work from what ive heard. if your rich matthews are smooth shooters but if you work for a buck git a martin slayer or a bengal

15. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

Hey for all you swithback shooters i have a friend that modify those bows he calls it a "switchout" he takes matthews Outback cams and some other parts swaps to the bow +20 fps over stock and shoots like a absolute dream, im mean it not even comparable to the original verzion if you want a number to have it done send me a P/M

16. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    im a bear guy all the way. i got a bear whitetail 2 and it shoot pretty dang good. my first bow was a bear and i dont think ill ever switch to anything else. my uncle has a martin (not for sure which model) and it to is a good shooting bow.

17. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i shoot a fred bear Truth.. i love the thing but idk what id shoot if i could shoot anything i wanted.. ive heard alot about the diamond bows and the mathews bows so pry one of them.. but i love the truth

18. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I shot a compound for 30 years, the first one was a Bear Polar II that weighed about 10 pounds, then several more, Dartons, Hoyts and others. This year I switched to a Bear Montana long bow, 50 pounds, bare bow, shoot'n off the shelf . Tppk a while to get the hang of it, but now I love it.

19. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    This year i actually got to see 2 well known bows, matthews and hoyt dry fired and the results afterwords. The hoyt held up didnt break any part at all and the matthews cam was destroyed. I guess it shows the true quality of the two bows.

20. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i hunt with a mcpherson but my fav.bow is one i made up.it has a mountain magic machined riser.bear lmt.limbs,jennings wheels and a hand made string.it a beautiful bow and one of these days,when i learn how,ill post a picture.